SQTDDTOT

stupid questions thread: Pencil of Pain edition

Attached: pencil of pain.jpg (700x1134, 131.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goldencheetah.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does anyone here uses this fucking shit ?
goldencheetah.org/
> installing on mac it crashes while opening
> try to scan ant+ device it crashes
> installed on linux bluethoot pairing does not work, trying to save or open a file it complains with some file permission error
> installed on windows, theres no bluethoot support, bought ant+ dongle, it records fine then while trying to save it shits on itself saying it has no permission to save anywhere
am i retarded or is this the power or opensource?
is there any alternative to this stuff ? i just need to be able to build some workouts and then record the stuff to be able to compare against live on the pc
i dont want to be a fat fuck.

Anyone getting this? Usually 4chanX just updates on its own. Whats the deal this time?

Attached: file.png (1447x578, 96.76K)

I want to get a small computer to plug into my living room TV so I can watch movies, youtube videos, and the odd livestream. What's my cheapest option? Could a Raspberry Pi do it?

I've had bad luck with Linux distros breaking on me (ubuntu, suse). What If everything works just fine and I just stop updating?

Attached: 1652762533268.jpg (500x404, 184.96K)

Are there any free, or "free" solutions for encoding 5.1 into a bitstream for spdif connections?

My old sound blaster came with something like it but I've just got on-board installed right now and I'd like to keep it that way.

Breaking on me after updates**

the undocumented gotcha on linux is that you have to stop it from auto-dl kernel updates ereryday or it will fill up your /boot or / drive and an hero itself.

# df /boot
Use%
34%
Sounds like a problem for later, I'll keep kicking the can down the road then

how do i do that? On Suse tumbleweed if that matters.

>What If everything works just fine and I just stop updating?
Tell that to the fuckers who keep moving things "forward". I would never use GTK3, PulseAudio or SystemD if it was possible.

I had to revert back to kernel 5.18.9-1 on a new install of Tumbleweed because update broke something -_- I get that its bleeding edge and all but goddamn, It was a fresh install. all i did was install a browser, import bookmarks and set some themes.

>I would never use GTK3, PulseAudio or SystemD if it was possible.
Artix with xfce, replace pulseaudio with pipewire. It is bretty good.

Bleeding edge stuff goes in virtual machines, not on bare metal (unless you only have junk PCs that won't support virtualization well).
Try it that way if your OS install is more than a toy.

eh maybe illl switch over to Leap then

nvm fixed, pm for solution

>pipewire
Why not OSS? Also, I tried Artix (with XFCE too) and I kinda liked it but many things I need just wouldn't run until some update mysteriously fixed those and broke others. I guess it's good if all you do is browse the Web and watch videos.

None of those are reasons to have a dedicated computer. Get a chromecast.

How do Asian scams and bots on Tinder get past the validation stage?

I find many of them have a verified profile.
And they all end up asking you for your Whatsapp to try to scam you in
a crypto or ponzi scheme.

The poses requested by Tinder would be impossible to photoshop.

Are they using deepfakes? Photos of their sisters/relatives?

thispersondoesnotexist.com or generated.photos?

Attached: 1657913137384.jpg (800x800, 99.65K)

Why is windows restarting my PC for updates in the middle of work/gaming? This is now the second time it's done this
I haven't been asked to update and I haven't scheduled an update. I was in the middle of playing a game when everything locked up, the PC restarted (back to bios logo) then said
>Updates X%
Restarted a few more times and said
>Cleaning up X%
Before going back to the login

if it went straight from game to bios then it wasn't a forced update, the machine just crashed and pending updates kicked in on boot