Does anyone here actually use Vim to write code?

Does anyone here actually use Vim to write code?
Is it true that only unemployed people use it?

Attached: luke-guidestones.jpg (1079x1178, 265.74K)

Yes only unemployed people use Vim. Employed people use Neovim because it makes LSP setups not take 20 hours a week of maintenance.

Anyone employed by a respectable employer is going to give you licenses to IDEs and other software products that integrate you into the team

One of the previous senior developers at our company used vi (not vim) for all his development. He was known for being stubborn.
Everyone other developer, including myself, uses VS code, but I sometimes use vim for quick edits here and there.

No way, what a schizo

Yeah, but it's getting pretty uncommon.
I'm the only one at my startup that doesn't use VS Code.

Vim keymapping is boss but vim itself....nah

Whaaat, Whas he really the one who bombed it?

I use vim to make small edits when I'm doing stuff in the terminal so I don't have to tab out, but if I'm writing a whole program, I usually use VS code.

it's called shit posting.

"""people""" who do not use emacs are not real developers

lukebros.. it's over

based

KANE LIVES IN DEATH

cringe

yes I use vim daily to write code for work

Attached: eeemacs.jpg (564x640, 55.32K)

bringe
cased

>Everyone other developer, including myself, uses VS code
you've failed as a programmer, and as a human. this "previous senior developer" makes you look like a sad and pathetic failure. he wasn't stubborn at all, probably thought you and your friends were absolute dumb cunts and wanted nothing to do with any of you.

Only for rare quick editing.

Vim will always be useful simply because it's a command line based editor that runs on anything. It's nice to know you can ssh into a computer and have a fully functional editor available to you.

Other than that, editors like Sublime and VSC just make more sense day to day.

vscode makes you think about the problem and not make programming a, oh look in file no 68993 which has defined this function to the class. whenever you start getting in real projects you will see that you just can't keep up with the complexity and having to remember useless shit, not actually focusing about the problem

brainlet take