How good does your hierarchy of files and folders look like ?

Attached: 1657819950508.png (669x669, 545.44K)

It looks good and very organised, and you?

Good by my standards. I follow the practice of "big-small-big" in which the root folder and maybe second tier sub-folders can have a huge array of sub-folders (in specific scenatios), then all subsequent branch folders must fit between 4 and 8 ish sub-objects, then leaf folders can contain however many files they goddamn please. Works pretty well for me.

I gained some semblance of order when I went from 12 drives to two 14TBs.

Attached: Capture.png (935x364, 27.79K)

>documents
>pictures
>videos
>anime
>movies
>doujins
>pcgames
>consolegames
>unsorted torrents and downloads

Attached: 1631629230566.gif (500x491, 354.95K)

>asian movies

>movies

>It looks good and very organised, and you?
Complicated managing in big things like movies and TV shows while having problems in other areas.

Well guess my app for uploading zip files and turning them into html list with checkmarks wasn't so dumb after all wasn't it?

>Well guess my app for uploading zip files and turning them into html list with checkmarks wasn't so dumb after all wasn't it?
WHAT ?

TV
>Show name
>>Season XX

Film
>Film name

It's bad
Videos/workspace : a few folders of videos I'm working on
Videos/movies : movies and series
Videos/webm : sorted webm
Téléchargements (downloads in French) : most of my webm and maths+physics books are here, along with a few cloned git repos
Downloads : animes and various isos
Rips : more isos and ripped CDs
Documents/archives : dumps of various forums/image boards/discord servers
Documents/private : pictures of online friends, private messages archives
Documents/books : more books, mainly music theory and philosophy
Documents/imslp : scores from imslp
Documents/scores : lilypond scores
Documents/git : now a symlink to Téléchargements/git
Images/ : fanarts from twitter/pixiv
There's a lot more in Images/ but I don't have time to check what's in there right now
Music///.{flac,opus} : classical music
Musique : music that is not classical music

>(downloads in French)
I understand when I did do a tree on my folders it would also be in french.

one Downloads folder with literally everything in it

>pictures of online friends
Here's one of me, bro.

Attached: 1652876751222.jpg (768x1024, 198.78K)

>one Downloads folder with literally everything in it
You are stupid zoomer.

hey partner

Attached: 1657512269513.jpg (412x403, 13.04K)

Utter fucking dogshit.
If I every reinstall my OS I'm going to stop putting anything in the home directory where applications can shit it up by dumping their stupid fucking files they think I give a shit about.
Hiding all of my files somewhere those fuckers can't reach is the only way to keep them pure.

>If I every reinstall my OS I'm going to stop putting anything in the home directory where applications can shit it up by dumping their stupid fucking files they think I give a shit about.
>Hiding all of my files somewhere those fuckers can't reach is the only way to keep them pure.
Ha first time you learn you should never use "MY documents ?"

Make your own folder on C:\

>my documents
I don't use windows, so it isn't as bad for me.
>make your own folder
Yes, I know about making your own folders.
But I have also been using my OS's document/picture/config/home/download folder, so there is a lot of shit spread around that I need to collate if I want to actually do it.
Then there's the stuff in .config which would need to be symlinked back there.
The only real solution I can think of at this point is backing up most of my stuff to an external drive, then doing a fresh OS install with something like Guix that lets you manage the operating system and config from only a few files. Then I would just have to copy stuff back over into a hidden home as I need it.
That would be a huge pain though, and the longer I don't do it the more painful it will be, so I end up never doing it.

>I don't use windows, so it isn't as bad for me.
What OS ?

>But I have also been using my OS's document/picture/config/home/download folder, so there is a lot of shit spread around that I need to collate if I want to actually do it.
What messed you up ?