How good were windows phones? according to reddit they were better than the competition, people just didn't know it

how good were windows phones? according to reddit they were better than the competition, people just didn't know it.

Attached: 1200px-Nokia_Lumia_800_front.jpg (1200x1370, 288.94K)

They were rather based if only just a little out of touch with general audience. You know the usual for MS.

>according to reddit

Attached: trash-party.png (349x444, 61.07K)

a cheap android on a prepaid is good enough
i went t mobile -> metropcs, and laughed at my friend who insisted on a windows phone, then a mozilla phone, before finally settling on - wait for it
a cheap android

Yeah, because Windows and Mozilla phones died, so of course he had to settle for a cheap Android. Windows Phone was pretty based for keeping organized and not obsessing over ricing.

Based. I liked having the plug them into a monitor and have a full desktop capability.
But the store and app selection was shit.

Attached: 1620694328330.jpg (960x640, 77.92K)

his phones literally died XD

>But the store and app selection was shit.
Problem? It's a phone. Use it as one.

They were very SOVLful.
Loved mine.
They are not "reddit" phones

>use a smartphone as a phone
Then I'll just buy a fucking phone dumbass.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12.53K)

Desktop continuity was going to be the next big thing. Both Canonical and Microsoft blew it.

muh lumia 965 was gud
but no whatsapp for work

into the bin it went

not true at all. anyone who claims these pieces of shit were good are delusional. it was torture using these goddamn things simply because of the complete lack of apps. there were no official apps for any big app you can think of. you would have to download weird rip off apps that would upload content to the real app for you. it was so broke and shitty. also facebook was linked into everything in the goddamn phone and if you didn't use facebook half of the features were broken. microsoft would link facebook into all of your calendars, adding every one of your facebook friends birthday into your calendar. I STILL get notifications in windows for peoples birthdays who I had as a friend on facebook 10 years ago.
The home screen was the only interesting part of them.

based

also the default map app was fucking awful. I remember it was the first phone I owned with GPS and it would constantly try to reroute you through tiny alleyways claiming they were "short cuts" yet a vehicle couldn't even fit through them. the google maps app was completely broken and not maintained so it was useless. many times this phone sent me into weird ghetto parts of town in an attempt to give me a "short cut" and save me time.

based microsoft indiscriminately murdering customers

Windows fucked it up in a sense, first, not constant updates, I remember the version was 7.1 and it had so many errors and bugs, for example, if you installed WhatsApp, and played music, the WhatsApp application would be closed, because anything that had access to the audio would use a big player on the top bar, so it was WhatsApp or music or YouTube or the browser, the phone was too damn limited, sure it had an easy as hell interface, but you had to pay Microsoft a yearly subscription in order to change themes besides the basic colors they gave to you, red green blue yellow purple and pink, you wanted to even modify the icons of an application? You better be subscribed to a 100 yearly subscription or you are not even allowed to use a different color on your phone, they addressed many of these issues on the version windows phone 8,the problem? They didn't even try to patch it on 7.1 and you couldn't upgrade at all, not even with the yearly 100 dollar subscriptions, essentially you had to buy a new phone to get the newer version of the os that actually solved the bugs that they had, the only good thing about them, it was that the phones called lumia were manufactured by Nokia and those were quality phones, Nokia was known as the Toyota of the phones, phones that would just last, but again the software thing with windows was fucked up, they ditched Symbian os in favor of windows phone, but no updates, they locked you out from your own phone, and they tried to convince you to use their shit with a 40mp camera but phones that would only support 16gb cards that you couldn't even expand, add to this that during those times windows started making the transition to something called zune, replacing the Nokia pc thing, where you could send SMS and make calls from the computer which was innovative at the time, Microsoft ditched that in order to force people into using their new app which eventually came in as a paid service, eventually Android ate the cake

Continuation.... The only thing that I will say Windows phone had over any other os is how fucking performant is was, even with modern phones it takes around 2 seconds to take a high quality photo, with the lumia phones it was instantly, even the os would boot up in less than 10 seconds, compared with Android which takes like 1 minute to reboot, windows phone was actually a good product, it did the job, but as far as customization goes, the phone was just too limited, no custom sounds, no custom call ring tones, you were forced to use what Microsoft gave to you, a lot of people say that Microsoft killed that to avoid anti monopolies litigations, but the reality is that Microsoft wasn't as friend of open source as it's now, but even by modern standards Microsoft is still an enemy to open source

I had one. The phones were good, fast, but 0 apps. That's what killed it

it was comfy. at the time, a budget windows phone was way better than most budget androids.

>The phones were good, fast, but 0 apps.

The latter being the primary reason for the former.

Insofar as it's a smartphone, it has everything you could ever need. If you need more, use a computer. Simple, faggot.

The zune team worked on them.
The Zune was fantastic.

For a badass camera, music player and phone + SMS device it was the best thing ever. I miss those days.