Why do zoomers conflate the web with the internet

why do zoomers conflate the web with the internet

Attached: 172vu.png (1068x1478, 713.7K)

Why do you still bother differentiating them?

Zoomers literally think the internet is the services you access through 3 or 4 phone apps, many have never even touched the web browser on their phone.
Any time they're on social media and they open an external link, it opens it via a web widget thing and then they close it and return to their social media site.

only autistic people differentiate them on purpose

The Web is something that is implemented on top of the internet. From a technical perceptive, they really are quite distinct things.
Is Ethernet "the internet"? Are a bunch of voltages on those lines "the internet"?

am I autistic? is the question you should ask

No, you're retarded, not autistic. Glad I could help.

>The Web is something that is implemented on top of the internet. From a technical perceptive, they really are quite distinct things.
So? Most people aren't referring to them in a technical context. For all intents and purposes, they are interchangeable in a casual context, and it's autistic to get upset about this.

I'm not OP. I don't go around correcting people about this and I know why people don't know the difference or don't care, and it has nothing to do with being a "zoomer". People always got this shit wrong.

zoomers literally don't even know how a file picker works

Ok, I'll bite. From the beginning the word "internet" was used interchangeably with the term "world wide web." If you're arguing that the world wide web is actually something that is built on top of "internet" which actually means something else, then what's your spring of authority on that?

Zoomers literally don't even know the difference between WiFi and internet.

Go learn some networking. WWW is specifically referring to HTML delivered over HTTP, and that is implemented on top of TCP which is implemented on top of IP. The TCP/IP bit is what you'd call "the internet", and the HTTP bit is what you'd call "the world wide web".

kek

Zoomers don't even use the web, they use apps

nta but thanks, i'm retarded so i didn't know the difference

>From the beginning the word "internet" was used interchangeably with the term "world wide web."
Not true at all. The web is a decade younger than the internet.
If anything, the internet is more SMTP than the web.

>The TCP/IP bit is what you'd call "the internet"
Are you implying that UDP/ICMP/etc aren't part of the internet?

Look up what TCP/IP means. Retard.

Oh

nothing even uses TCP anymore it's all QUIC now