Why do modern devs not bother writing proper manpages?

Why do modern devs not bother writing proper manpages?
Why do they want you to visit their website with a shitty interface and garbage documentation?
I hate this.

Attached: 1650910065068.png (1500x2400, 2.52M)

>Why don't people bother doing what half of their userbase won't ever read?
Retard.

mapages suck.

Texinfo is far superior, but sadly Eunuchs weenies rejected it.

>Why do they want you to visit their website with a shitty interface and garbage documentation?
That's still better than making you join their Discord server to get documentation or support, which is what the vast majority of zoom zooms are doing now.

And yet they still documented it, they just tied it up in a shitty Wordpress blog instead of distributing as a text document with the fucking software.
>mapages suck.
Your mom sucks.

They're easier to access and read if you're without a GUI or a network connection.

It's not fun to test or write documentation. That's why smaller open source projects usually don't point too much manpower towards it.

Even relatively larger and popular projects rarely have documentation as manpages.

Texinfo doesn't require either of those.

I'm one person and I always write manpages, cope cuck

PURUPURU

The code is the documentation.

Perl has all its documentation is man pages and it's great

What makes you think info needs any of that, genius?

Well, not many projects use that either. So my point still stands.

>Why do they want you to visit their website with a shitty interface and garbage documentation?
Documentation generators produce HTML, not manpages. Naturally people are going to take that HTML and put it behind a webserver.

I think there was a software that could convert between markdown and roff.
Can't recall its name.

A man page is called such because it's just a single page from the actual full manual.
And neither developers nor users know about GNU info which is an actual documentation system.

because if other people can easily manage your code you have no job security?

Pandoc

html is literally made to present data you moron. Its like the perfect candidate for a documentation source