Technological development should've stopped when we reached the 90s

technological development should've stopped when we reached the 90s

Attached: 2624524256256.png (321x109, 45.5K)

Why?

>no massive centralized social media sites
>no need to be entirely dependent on technology to do anything
>no ai here to take every fucking job
>no crypto
>no smartphones
>no internet influencers
>technology was in a goldilocks zone for art, just enough tech innovation to allow for incredible creative freedom but enough limitation to prevent over saturation
greatest decade for animefags desu

your brain's development stopped when you were nine

Attached: images (29).jpg (300x168, 3.87K)

and no genome sequencing either
>inb4 police
the human soul needs the insights of evolutionary biology

Agreed, if you mean the 1790s.

only software wise

>not wanting to go back to the 490s
ngmi

>1990s
>mainstream media completely controlled the entire flow of information with no competition
>if the mainstream media didn't want you to know something happened in the world, you would never know about it

good

No. Hardware has gone to absolute shit since then too.

how? it's just less interesting since everything has consolidated around arm and x86

>implying it hasn't gotten much worse since then

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 10.20.30 PM.png (637x610, 692.42K)

capitalism was a mistake

Sure, there's consolidation, but they no longer have complete control over information people see thanks to the internet.

>they no longer have complete control over information people see
>thanks to the internet

They're not happy about that, and it could change.

Yeah, now we just have a couple media conglomerates in control of *almost* everything people see, with the exception of conspiracy theories that grandpa posts on facebook.

equipping monkey with a brain was a failure

how to undo this

off yourself

I'm not sure if the internet is bad per se, but easy ubiquitous access through smartphones and fast mobile networks is having some consequences I'm not sure are good.

This kind of ubiquitous internet access is still a very recent thing, you only have to go back about 15 years and the internet didn't play even close to as big of a role in the lives of like 90% of people. I'm born in the late 90's but even I remember that.

Attached: 1656945153129.png (1038x1015, 93.72K)

you can limit yourself to using only 90s technology but you refuse to

it's either starve or use the most up to date technology desu, unless you move to a shitty 3rd world country there's nothing that can be done

so you admit that 90s shit is actually unuseable

It's not unusable, it's just that society is heading into a direction where a modern globohomo certified smartphone is required to do literally anything.

We don't really "need" smartphones. You have to only go back about 15 years and they didn't exist in the way they do today, and people got around just fine.