/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Users of all levels are welcome.
Share Windows tools, utilities, tips & tricks.
Reminder: Notice the friendly - please be civil.

FAQ:
>How do I activate Windows?
github.com/luzeadev/winactivate
HWID mimics OEM activation to generate a permanent legitimate license.
(Does not work on VL editions, avoid VL editions unless you enjoy having to deal with KMS breaking)

>>Which version should I install?
>Home/Pro
Comes preinstalled with bloatware apps like games, music, news, weather, etc.
>Education/Workstation/Enterprise
Comes with basic system apps.
>LTSC/IoT LTSC
Comes with Win32 system apps, no MS Store, no feature updates, security updates only.
If you need MS Store, run this in cmd: wsreset -i
There are no compatibility differences between different Windows versions.

>LTSC or IoT LTSC?
LTSC meant for corporate PCs with 5 years support (KMS only).
IoT LTSC meant for retail/medical/etc PCs with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need IoT LTSC?
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/WS/Ent editions are all EoL in 10/2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>How do I activate Office?
rentry.org/fwt#kms_vl_all-by-abbodi1406
Installs a tiny KMS server emulator on your PC for activation. Not ideal as KMS trips AV sometimes and deactivates, but it's the only choice for Office. Alternatively, try Open/Libre Office and set it to save as Office file formats only.

>Where can I get the ISOs?
>Where do I get Office?
>Can I change edition post-install?
Read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.
>Should I debloat?
Only if you understand everything that you're going to be intentionally breaking.
If something doesn't work later, you probably broke it with some debloat memescript.

>Installation for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

>Is Windows 11 good?
>Should I upgrade?
Not yet.

>B-b-b-but muh Windows 7!
OpenShell

Previous thread:

Attached: 1651755899181.jpg (1280x720, 95.03K)

me on the left

me on the right

>fotm dogshit
die

cope seethe and dilate

thistbhfam

encountered a weird problem with my install when i tried to change the MAC address.

the random hardware address setting is greyed out, and picrel is at the top of the relevant menu.

i tried several other things - programs, registry hacks, nothing worked. getmac always reported the same address back.

i eventually tried to change it in device manager as per this guide shareus.com/windows/how-to-change-my-mac-address-in-windows-10-mac-address-spoofing.html
the "network address" option under the advanced tab wasn't even present for me. i am pulling my hair out.

how can i fix this? why does my windows think that it's a part of an organization? thanks

Attached: settings.png (479x50, 2.34K)

>mac
found your problem

>how can i fix this?
by not being a retarded nigger and intentionally breaking your system with memescript shit
next

pls halp
i fucking CANNOT get my 2 computers to connect to eachother trying to share a folder, one way or the other. both are on w10 ltsc 21h2. both are on the same router and ive even tried doing direct ethernet to ethernet, the computers show up in the network explorer but i get nothing but "0x80070035 the network path was not found" when trying to actually open the tree to pick the folder. googling is worthless (oh just enable these 12 services that are already running and enabled then configure the share how you have it already and it will work!), so i turn to you fucks to try and help me with this bullshit. fwiw the couple times i used sharing on w7 it worked perfectly immediately with no fucking about.

Attached: 1374978283547.jpg (380x247, 17.65K)

set the connection to private network instead of public network

they are all already set to private, as well as the advanced sharing settings set to on and no password and all the other correct settings

>friendly windows thread

where can i get windows xp

>>friendly windows thread

Attached: 1651257864055.png (771x804, 222.55K)

>trying to fix random usb stick
>shows 0 bytes used and 0 empty
>cant format
>error checking fails because windows cant access the disk
???

Winactivate isn’t working, it says I can’t run that sort of script. What do?

Nakadashi Nanami-chan

>seething about an adaptation that people still discuss after the season is over
No matter how many times you call it "flavor of the month," it won't change the fact people liked it way more than anything in the past few years

Lucky she is holding that birb back. He looks pissed.

sir this is a no birb zone