Redpill me on hugo. i need a static site generator. i'm looking at next.js and hugo...

redpill me on hugo. i need a static site generator. i'm looking at next.js and hugo. it looks like hugo would be much faster and less bloat but next.js seems to offer a built in analytics dashboard, which is cool.

Attached: hugo.png (280x280, 16.5K)

Next.js really isnt very static nor very generator. It's a javascript framework, white boy.

wait for luke to make his hugo tutorials then use it

Next.js has done SSG for a long time now.

why not write it from scratch
i did that for my internship lol

Look at Astro. It might fit your needs as well.

Gatsby is better.

who?

don't want to spend time reinventing the wheel

why those over hugo?

>muh wheel
heh kys

luke smith, he's a sorta-tech, sorta-lifestyle youtuber who makes some defent tutorials

single binary, fast, simple hugo
vs
monkeypox vector nodejs apps

>sorta tech
lmao

static site generator? perhaps you've heard of HTML.

>-- Back
My Topic
Blah blah blah my blogpost
Subtopic
Bla bla bla I am important
>-- Back

is that too complicated for you?
you can sauce it up with some CSS if you're a faggot

what do you think static site generators generate exactly based retard

it generates HTML, which is my point, you fucking moron. it generates what you could write yourself, trivially, but instead of just writing it yourself, you're importing a 500MB toolchain and transpiling it from some other markup language.
what the fuck is wrong with you. you don't need a toolchain to output HTML, you can just fucking write HTML.

what a stupid gorilla nigger you are

how do i know you have too much time on your hands

did you compile that insult by running "generate-insult" through a 850MB babel plugin over the course of 4 hours instead of just typing it out manually?
in the end it takes infinitely longer to set up and maintain your stupid markup language transpilation system than it takes to just fucking write the text you want on your webpage into a file and press save.

15 mb single binary (hugo)
write in comfy markdown
100 posts and want to change theme? just change theme and compile again, and voila!

enjoy using over 9000 hours on making a useless bash system for updating your based html pages manually

>15 mb single binary (hugo)
0mb non-existent binary (HTML)
>write in comfy markdown
write in html so simple a 5-year-old can do it
>100 posts and want to change theme? just change theme and compile again, and voila!
10,000,000 posts and want to change theme? just edit your style.css to change your color values and there's no need to even recompile!
>enjoy using over 9000 hours on making a useless bash system for updating your based html pages manually
i think you misunderstand the concept of not needing a static site generator - bash or hugo or otherwise. there is no "useless bash system" for "updating" anything. see, your head is so far stuck up the ass of all these retarded projects that you can't even conceptualize of a webpage without some kind of overarching manager/updater/orchestrator/hypervisor/whatever bullshit organizing it.
i'm surprised you can even post on Any Forums here without some microservice docker swarm helping you spell correctly

nigga please
are you using a netbook from 1992 with 12gb storage and 3 mhz?
are you seriously implying that html is more comfy to write than markdown? le elite xml writer

single binary apps like hugo is based
retarded nodejs bloatware 2 gb node_modules blackholes in docker is cringe