Which Linux display systems and WMs/DEs support fractional scaling with per-monitor DPIs...

Which Linux display systems and WMs/DEs support fractional scaling with per-monitor DPIs? I mean proper fractional scaling, not that blurry slow shit where they render everything at 2x scale and then scale it 0.75x before displaying.
GNOME on X? GNOME on Wayland? KDE on Wayland? Maybe XFCE?

Attached: 1-20-1024x667.jpg (1024x667, 52.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/gnome-3-32-desktop-environment-to-feature-fractional-scaling-on-wayland-525224.shtml
wiki.archlinux.org/title/HiDPI#GNOME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop buying shit display.

should have bought a monitor you could actually use at native.

i have no trouble with plasma wayland 5.25.1

>His OS is so shit that it doesn't properly support modern monitors
>Calls modern monitors shit
Classical case of sour grapes

>they render everything at 2x scale and then scale it 0.75x before displaying
macOS literally does that

i love how you can tell this user uses GNOME on Wayland because the solution to obvious software deficiencies is just to buy the "right" hardware instead of using better software

Best you can do on Gnome is to set the size of texts to factor 1.3in the Tweak Tool. Its not quite the same as fractional scaling, but honestly good enough for most applications.

Really? I thought that of all OSes, macOS would do it properly.

I found this article which says that GNOME will implement this, I wonder if they did?
news.softpedia.com/news/gnome-3-32-desktop-environment-to-feature-fractional-scaling-on-wayland-525224.shtml

Attached: gnome-3-32-desktop-environment-to-feature-fractional-scaling-on-wayland-525224-2.jpg (3360x1080, 348.14K)

wiki.archlinux.org/title/HiDPI#GNOME

>GNOME will implement this

Attached: ls4pf.jpg (250x187, 14.51K)

Use native size and then ctrl+Mwheelup to zoom into the things you can't see.
Getting rid of useful UI space is stupid, doubly so when modern UI consists mostly of empty white space.

You can't divide pixels.

Only GNOME has per-monitor DPI as far as I know, KDE has only "global scaling" and Xfeces is dead.
> I mean proper fractional scaling, not that blurry slow shit where they render everything at 2x scale and then scale it 0.75x before displaying.
What's a proper fractional scaling? I always buy monitors with resolution of 1920ps multiplies. Anything but integer scaling is a meme. No matter how you implement it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-12 06-46-36.png (2126x1682, 144.29K)

>I found this article which says that GNOME will implement this
They already did.

well KDE on X definitely has it.
goes up to 300%

Attached: file.png (568x191, 14.15K)

Interesting thing about wayland.
It technically does not do fractional scaling
For example if you want 1.5x it will go to 3x and then scale it back down to half.
spec is slowly being updated to support it i guess

How can you divide pixels?

macOS doesn't do ANYTHING properly

I'm guessing wayland doesn't do that, just like xorg doesn't do freesync on multiple monitors