Pounds:Ounces, are amerimuts retarded?

How the fuck do you easily store and calculate data that contains the weight on pounds:ounces?

Do you store on the database with a string column, then with a regex you extract the info that contains pounds and also ounces.

Then you do some math convertion?

I've never written code that didn't use the SI standard.

Input fields on the front end will need two textboxes.

This is fucking stupid.

Imagine all the extra code needed to sum, subtract, multiply and divide weight that uses pounds:ounces.

Attached: amerimuts.jpg (455x247, 19.15K)

Dunno but I store my data that contains all my genetic info in ur moms pussy

get rekt faget. I use arch btw

All worthwhile measurements are done and recorded in metric and converted to US customary units for common laypeople uses when accuracy isn't a big concern.
Like who gives a fuck if your off by 1/10 of a kilometer on a road sign or you're not exactly 6'2 but instead 75cm.

Imagine using the retarded imperial system in 2022

Americans are a retarded people.

Attached: reimu.jpg (2520x3000, 609.7K)

Go back to India Hitesh before I drag you back there and curb stomp your fucking face into your shit filled streets

Store and calculate as fractional pounds, display as pounds:ounces. In case you're not a burger, pounds=pounds+ounces/16.0.

>everyone who's not a US resident is an Indian
Thanks for proving my point about American intellect, fuckwad

Attached: 1324745594524.jpg (640x640, 31.08K)

Store the data in the smallest unit and then convert when presenting it
ie store 120 ounces and then return 7 1/2 lbs

I cant make out what youre saying with all that shit in your mouth Hitesth. Answer my fucking OP or get the fuck out of my thread and go fuck a cow.

>American is too stupid to understand Any Forums is not a technical support forum
Your ignorance is astounding

>amerimuts retarded
Of course they are, they STILL haven't switched to the superior metric system.

how is this any different than storing and displaying seconds and minutes, you utter fucking moron

Indeed, grams just make more sense

Attached: s.jpg (428x512, 17.95K)

You need fixed point numbers to store weights no matter which system of measurement you use.

inb4
>just convert kilograms to grams and store it in an int
You mangle your significant digits like that.

we converted it when adding new data and for display
measures were stored in their smallest subcomponent, in this case ounces
every measure had support for regional formats so all measure units implemented an interface for parsing and formatting
t. worked on an EHR

why not just create new units? kilopounds, milipounds, micropounds, centipounds.
Then ban ounces.

Store as grams. Convert to whatever you want for display purposes on the fly.

I'm from a metric country and I wish people used megagrams instead of tons and megameters instead of writing out "a thousand kilometers". It's still vastly better than the retarded shit Americans use but it hurts me in the autism a bit.

Storing this shit in the database at all or trying to multiply it would be a mistake. You should write your code and database schema to use SI units only, then do the conversions in the UI code. It's similar to how you handle weird encodings and stay sane: you convert everything to UTF-8 (or whatever your programming language's preferred encoding is) as soon as you get it, you write most of your program with UTF-8 in mind, and you convert it to the desired output encoding just before writing the output.

Are you fucking retarded? You just store everything in ounces and divide/mod by 16.
Europoors must fucking struggle with clocks. "Durrrr duh time duznt divide by 10 it 2 hard" holy shit how do you people function