Containerization appreciation thread

This angers and confuses the tinker tranny

Attached: tinker-tranny-anal-destruction.png (400x331, 13.42K)

>This angers and confuses the tinker tranny
doubt

Just watch as the thread is filled with posts containing the words
>bloat
>basedden
>webshit
these are common transgender groomer dog-whistles

>tinker tranny
>transgender groomer
I don't know why, but I find those insults too funny

Attached: 1657563282887.jpg (665x424, 36.34K)

How does Docker work, anons?
Do I just start Docker, install some Linux image, then go on that, install php 7.4 or whatever old specific environment and then run from that and then pull a repo into that?
How close am I, what am I missing?

This literally angers and confuses me.
t. Only ever wrote the code that was containerized, not actually the CI/CD pipelines that turned my jars into containers

No, you either use a premade Docker image or you build one from a generic base image, then deploy that.

you describe what you want to happen inside the image in your Dockerfile. Or if it's more complex, you use docker-compose to orchestrate multiple Dockerfiles working together. The idea is you can use simple syntax to script the behavior of an entire server, which can then be started with just one command and it will run on any machine.

obsolete
use k3s

overkill
use nomad

>you use docker-compose to orchestrate multiple Dockerfiles working together.
What's the benefit here?

You ever tried to setup something complex on a server, like a self hosted email or something? It's just less suffering and less of inventing the wheel again

except it's so goddamn light and easy to use, it doesn't matter if it's overkill or not and then you get the added benefit of being able to scale it up indefinitely with a single kubectl line

>Spawns the trend of developing bloated self-host only basedware instead of offline applications that just work
>angers and confuses the tinker tranny, giving xer more busyjob to tinker with

web based shit is just inherently easier to maintain than old style programs. the only requirements for the end user are a functional webbrowser, and then you can take care of everything else on the hosting side.

Was able to set up some self hosted stuff on a vps thanks to this. Still takes tinkering, but makes it manageable for brinlets like wyself

Will containers ever be secure enough to run remote code without a VM?
I'm told it's just about blocking some syscalls that nobody has gotten around to do, but it's been a while now.

Imagine if chroot was written by javascript web trannies. That is Docker.

No. A kernel is too big of an attack surface. You need something finer-grain.

superior solution checking in

Attached: 1657568403835.jpg (1024x1024, 97.51K)

install proxmox and use PVEs instead