Why are pdf viewers on linux all shit

why are pdf viewers on linux all shit

Attached: crying.gif (498x268, 524.67K)

zathura pretty good
the one that comes with kde by default pretty good too

Brave's PDF reader is pretty nice.

the one that comes with kde is decent. if you're using gnome, then it's on you

Stop using dinosaur-aged packages

Yeah that was my experience as well switching to linux, but as other said, Okular is good, Zathura is great and your browser has a pretty decent pdf viewer in of itself.

For me its firefox

What's wrong with them? Okular is better than almost anything you can get on Windows (from my experience).
Evince is more lightweight but has less features.

Okular is good for PDFs, but sometimes it shits the bed with EPUBs. I do not understand how or why, but it's a good PDF reader.
If you're a tiling WM thad, then Zathura is another good choice, I just can't be fucked to learn how to use it.
Failing that, Calibre isn't the worst, it just fucking sucks to have to install a full conversion and library suite for their PDF viewer.

>Okular is better than almost anything you can get on Windows
Objectively incorrect. Okular runs on Windows.

evince is pretty good

keyword "almost"

okular isn't better than sumatra

atril works for me

Works on my machine

Are you guys serious?

On windows I can use pdfxchangeviewer which supports tabs and all kinds of annotations, on Linux there is no reader that even comes close to that feature set.

Pdf readers on Linux absolutely suck compared to windows.

This has to be a joke isn't it?
Windows pdf viewers are the utmost trash to ever set foot on earth with a fuckton of ads, spyware and are slow as fuck, for fucks sake, most of them are paid and do the same shit or less than evince or okular.

why do you need a pdf viewer when you can watch the pdf in your browser? no need for extra unnecessary bloat

you guys always suggest the worst fucking software

better than saying others' suggestions are crap and suggesting nothing yourself

Okular and Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer