Tfw relearning how to type with "proper" hand placement

>tfw relearning how to type with "proper" hand placement
im getting like 20 wpm since i have to constantly erase and retype, how long will it take me to adapt?
btw this took me like 1.5 minutes to type

Attached: 1654170263209.jpg (1002x843, 51.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keybr.com/
powertyping.com/rain/rain.html
typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ken
i have like 105wpm while lying in bed with a laptop on top of my stomach

proper hand placement is a meme, I type faster with 2 fingers than I type with "proper touch typing training".
as long as your hands don't hurt or strain, it doesn't matter how you type and self-learners usually type faster

For me it took about 1-2 weeks to get from 2 finger to proper touchtyping (60wpm). Switching now from qwerty to colemak or Dvorak seems almost impossible so choose wisely

a couple weeks at most will get you at a decent enough typing speed

the thing is i had my own technique but it also produced a lot of errors since my hands were far apart and i could never correctly type words with letters from central part of the keyboard

keep at it, practice daily and get your sleep in, adequately
notice how the next day you're a bit better after a night's sleep, that's just how it is
skills are learned during sleep, after practice while awake
they are slow, compounding things, takes time and that's ok, just keep at it

Attached: 1604305817683.jpg (419x512, 38.77K)

rebind capslock to backspace with autohotkey or somesuch.

you're welcome. you may not need the = 1

CapsLock::Backspace

RShift & Space::
If GetKeyState("CapsLock", "T") = 1
SetCapsLockState, AlwaysOff
Else
SetCapsLockState, AlwaysOn
Return

>skills are learned during sleep, after practice while awake
now this is something new

it's a weird way to phrase it, but skill consolidation is what it's called
think of it as building a structure and letting the bottom layers dry out first overnight before adding more to it

>tfw relearning how to type with "proper" hand placement
Why would you do this? The notion of """proper""" hand placement is complete nonsense. Whatever works for you is what is proper for you.

here you go user, just practice a bunch on this site
keybr.com/
i promise it's worth it. I used to hunt and peck at ~60 wpm and thought it was fine, so i never bothered to learn to type, but eventually i did and it's super comfy.

>Whatever works for you is what is proper for you
that's retarded. i'm this user , i used to hunt and peck faster than the average normie types, so that worked just fine for me. 99% of the time i didn't even have to look at the keyboard anymore. Properly typing is infinitely better though, and i'm glad i went through the first few weeks of it being super annoying

>hunt and peck
so you're a retard who never lifted his head from the keyboard before "learning how to type professionally"
lmao, you needed to be told to just not look at the keyboard?

did you even read my post? i said i basically never looked at the keyboard. it said "hunt and peck" because i only used like 2 or 3 fingers on each hand to type everything

this is not true.
You clearly never actually spent any time learning proper form.
For me, I went from 70wpm with my OSRS typing style down to 30wpm with proper form. But after a month I was up to 70wpm again and now I'm at 120wpm.

>I'm at 120wpm
really, 120wpm? how can npc like you possibly think at even 50 wpm per minute when tasked with something complex?
>inb4 he thinks that typing speed is how fast you can write down something you see on screen

powertyping.com/rain/rain.html
typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
do these

>faster typing doesnt even matter cuz limited by thinking speed anyways
Interesting cope.
Look man, if you're content typing like a two fingered pirate at 60wpm, good for you.

>Interesting cope.
the "cope" here is that I type faster than you when typing things that matter

>uhhh... you can't type as fast as you think, so therefore my obviously inferior typing method is actually better!
KEK you fags always bring up this same cope to excuse your laziness. retard. do you type in a constant 50 wpm as you think? no, i bet you think and then type at 50 wpm because you can't do both at once and that's the fastest you can go. (50-60 is slow as shit anyways). I on the other hand can literally type fast as i'm thinking, and make short pauses if i need to. the words literally flow from my brain into my fingers and i can type them effortlessly.

>I on the other hand can literally type fast as i'm thinking
I can type at 207wpm, which is faster than what I'm thinking, I don't see how or about what I am supposed to "cope"

it depresses me that kids are comparing their typing speeds here
this is lower than browser wars

why are you people like this? i never taught myself "proper" hand placement, whatever that even is. i just type and get 150+ wpm. just type a lot every day and you'll get better at it. you people are overthinking it so fucking hard.