Need help with choosing a monitor

Can anyone explain why I shouldn't just get this cheap 1440p monitor? It's not like 4K gaming is efficient and PC streaming quality is gimped by Amazon and HBO anyways. The more expensive one is IPS and i know the details of that but i doubt if i'd really notice

amazon.com/Fiodio-Monitor-2xDisplay-Adjustable-Wide-Viewing/dp/B09KHJJMK9

instead of this more expensive LG monitor?

amazon.com/LG-38GL950G-B-Ultragear-Monitor-Refresh/dp/B07ZS1DZM1

As far as my use case? I edit a lot of videos for work but I also play a lot of vidya. Hopefully you guys can give your to cents

Attached: file.png (744x724, 397.26K)

Fiodio is VA panel and 1440 horizontal, LG is 1600 horizontal mini IPS with 1ms refresh. I would go with the fidio but i cant find a response time.
I currently use a 4K VA panel but it has a 5ms response time, I suspect the fidio will also have a higher response.
In the end it's up to you, I personally would not spend the money on that LG monitor that's crazy expensive for just slightly better specs.

ok i'll avoid the LG

I just want to make sure what i get is quality. The fiodio is 8ms response time

check out Hardware Unboxed and their monitor videos. they have tested monitors real color accuracy and color switch delay. it doesnt get better than what they show you.

Are curved monitors a meme lads? I want one

if you code or phot/video edit they are not

why do you want one, you dumb breathing meme

I have one and I really like it, but it's not really worth the extra charge. I also had the LG G2 (or L2? I forgot) and I didn't really miss the curved display once I switched to the next phone. The advantage is fairly minor.

nobody needs more than this

Attached: muhasus.jpg (640x480, 47.45K)

cringe

Attached: file.png (500x87, 32.9K)

I have one, once you get used to it, flat monitors seem really stupid

Just get dual monitors

I ended up getting a 32" LG bottom line 165Hz Quad HD. I don't need 4k for computer and the money is better spent/invested elsewhere. Got 2 of them so far and I may replace my third left 24" with another too just for consistency.

Attached: ultrawide-cope.png (523x718, 16.55K)

the funny part is that would only happen with a 49" flat screen monitor

Because it's not supported by blurbusters.
Anything with no clarity isn't worth it for gaming. 4k tvs are currently cheaper than 4k monitors, 4k is too small for desktop if you ask me personally.

Get a monitor approved by blurbusters. Or you're really going to regret it. Remember 27 inch for 1440p, 24 for 1080. So you might want to wait a cycle as currently the XG27 is 1080p only. The XG24 is 1080p so if you're looking for a 1440p monitor I suggest you still wait. Anything else is just people less knowledgeable on the subject matter telling you what they bought. Wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. You can call me a shill or whatever, but LG monitors simply ain't it. They're fine for sure. Depending on your income you might want to go with a cheap one until you can get a true gaming monitor.

for a big one it's not. it's ergonomic.

If you get 1440p I'd settle for no less than 240hz

desu I upgraded to 4k from a 1440 ips and wow its was 2x the difference between 1440 and 1080, even if your gpu is weak-ish for 4k, turning settings down and rendering at lower res are legit things that you can do.

I got a 4k 144hz monitor back in 2020 and I wish I had made the jump sooner, high fidelity and high framerate is really nice when you can drive it, and then having crisp text and content the rest of the time really seals the deal. No matter what gpu you have, you can enjoy 4k videos and light gaming. CS:GO and TF2 look noticeably better even without giga-textures and raytracing pipelines. Resolution is not your enemy and it never was.

I definitely feel you. I have had a curved 4k monitor before and it was night and day compared to my 1080p. why do all of these guys keep saying it's a meme or whatever?

because they're poor

>Are curved monitors a meme
curved is good if you also want ultrawide, otherwise it's a meme