Fuck ATX

Fuck ATX

Attached: HMUF2_AV3.jpg (1144x1144, 87.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Workstation/Pro-WS-WRX80E-SAGE-SE-WIFI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, fuck YOU!

based
cringe

ATX does sucks but proprietary garbage isn't the way to fix it.
OAM and E1.s standards exists. Just work motherboards into using them, with graphics cards in OAM form and literally every other pcie device going e1s25mm, including adaptors for faggy m2 drives which need to die out.

When will they update the Mac Pro anyway
Soon the age of the ARM desktop.

I hope Apple Silicon Mac Pro will have like a 40 core CPU, but keep normal RAM slots and PCIE

Why the hate for M.2?
Unlike SATA with external power cable, M.2 is the most “plug and play” solution.

it's shit because of the screw

>filtered by a screwdriver

How so? Last I checked securing stuff to motherboard with screws is a common practice and even SATA drives are screwed onto their caddies.
Also, I think you can get some boards with vertical mounts if you so desire.

It was a quick small form factor made for laptops.
For desktops it's pants.
The E1.s was designed from the ground up for flash storage and isn't much bigger and can be used for other things like netowrking or audio interfaces, this includes actual heat dissapation. On top of that it can be used with carriers so it can have actual slots that take up less space on motherboards or be mounted into cases to be accesible from outside the case and hotswappable.
e1s also has a more sturdy connector that can be reused many times instead of the delicate m2.
And finally an e1s to m2 adaptor is cheap as fuck anyway so the transition to the new standard would be painless.

M2 was fine at first but it very quickly went beyond it's limit. All it's used for is an ssd that space and thermally limited and placed in the worst spots on a motherboard with no access and using up too much space for their size.

they could have made it like SODIMM

Attached: 146f2280a9fa9b80891fa3b67709394f3a0215c4.png (645x424, 382.26K)

Inb4 motherboards now come with soldered RAM and SSDs

fpbp

Not enough room for flash chips.
Takes motherboard real estate.
M.2 is great for gaymers who don't actually have storage or use PCIe lanes but if you want something bigger than 2TB for an SSD and isn't QLC dogshit then M.2 doesn't cut it.

Fuck proprietary case designs.

For me, it's EATX.

asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Workstation/Pro-WS-WRX80E-SAGE-SE-WIFI/

Attached: swiper_left.png (1156x1041, 481.17K)

this is the coolest motherboard out there tbqh. Not that anyone has use for it

It's marketed towards 3D creators, a lot of them use multiple GPUs for rendering.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 13-44-45 Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI|Motherboards|ASUS USA.png (1920x951, 2.01M)

Who says you need a use for anything?
Do people not want anything anymore in the PC space?

>He doesn't cut or drill holes in his cases to accommodate larger hardware

ngmi