Why don't they make good quality 4:3 any more? Best aspect ratio for reading and fps games

Why don't they make good quality 4:3 any more? Best aspect ratio for reading and fps games.

Attached: 43.jpg (640x480, 94K)

How is decreasing your Fov good for FPS games

just put black tape on the sides of a 16:9

it's actually science. top e-sports CSS players used to swear by them, if you have seen Jurasic Park, think T-Rex vision, we are better at defining detail in the center of our vision, and less detail more movement in our peripheral vision like the T-Rex, only much less severe. It's a hunter gatherer thing.

Love it, reminds me of my wrapping white cardboard around a screen like a dogs Elizabethan collar for cheap ambilight.

I still have two dells I was using as sides, might bring them back into the setup but 4 screens might just be too much for the better half to take.

why do you keep making threads that say "4:3" but with a picture of a 5:4?

brings hud closer to the center of the screen + less distraction.

because it was replaced by superior 5:4

Because he had a TV.

Couldn't you just focus on the middle part of the screen?
Why do gaymers have to physically force their vision to mimic predators? Can their prey eyes not focus on anything in front of them?

Of course; and to a certain degree, having the FOV spread out can also be advantageous. However in twitch shooters back in the day they just ran higher FOV and dealt with the fisheye.

>TN
Maybe as a side monitor for a backgroud stream/media application. I couldn't live with one a a main since being spoilt by good IPS.

what the fuck is even the point of your retarded post

You know you can run 4:3 resolutions with black bars and get the same effect, right?

When 5:4 monitors were the thing, TV's were 4:3 and most of those older monitors even had a (blurry) 4:3 resolution included. I assumed that OP must of had a TV hence why he keeps saying 4:3.

Get a CRT. Best monitors out there.

Attached: IMG_2778.jpg (2592x1944, 2.18M)

and have a ton of space wasted on your desk

it's not a waste if you use the full monitor for other things, like watching movies, non-FPS games or for productivity.

4:3 is still good for reading.
I'd much rather have a dedicated 4:3 as a second monitor.

is 5:4 bad for reading then? i only have that

Attached: 1652122989596.jpg (3427x2888, 1.21M)

4:3, 5:4, and 3:2 are all good for reading.
16:9 is terrible because it either stretches everything or wastes screen space.

if only there was some way to change the size of the windows... oh wait

Is that why we put blinders on army helmets you fuckin retard