ZSH

Is Zsh the most customizable shell? I heard that it is the emacs of shells, is this true? If not, then what is the most customizable shell? How does zsh compare to Bash, is it more customizable? What can you do in zsh that you can't do in bash? What am I missing out if I continue using bash instead of zsh as my interactive shell?

Attached: black_horizontal_icon.png (1040x664, 12.87K)

with zsh, you can go on Any Forums.org/g/ and make a thread about it
noone will be impressed if you do the same with bash

stop being a faggot and just use fish

use BASH fucking faggots
It does everything you need and it bundles the system.
You faggot only use zsh because you are cuck or macfaggot. Stop using cuck mac faggot software. JUST USE BASH

I do, but noone will be impressed with bash threads though

I'd like to just use bash because it's the default in my system and is the most widespread. I'd just like to know what does it lack in the customization department comparing to zsh.
>fish
Isn't its main feature being just user friendly? What can it do that I can't do in bash?

I told her to use fish however. NOT ZSH

you will never make me a woman you kike

someone's on her transperiod...

> What can it do that I can't do in bash?
Intelligent auto completion that would require serious fuckery with alias’s to achieve in bash. It’s QOL type shit that implemented. In the same manner than bash is just fancy shell, all those whingers crying about zsh being unnecessary don’t realise the irony.

Is there anything besides autocompletion?

>muh autocompletion

even luke smith uses zsh

Man what sort of answer are you even looking for? It’s a terminal you can rice and has nicer quality of life then bash. If this was 30 years ago you’d be asking why someone NEEDS bash instead of sh. Nothing zsh does can’t be done by bash with enough time and effort, I do not want to spend the time and effort making it doing it.

that's a good reason for me not to use zsh, thank you user

>wow, luke heckin smitherino uses zsh?

Attached: AucxwQO.png (500x500, 22.74K)

well, I reckoned a "DON'T USE X IT'S BLOAT" kind of person is probably a irl wojak fanboy.

>and it bundles the system.
Unless you are a sysadmin, I disagree with this reasoning. 99.9% of the time I spend on the PC is on a machine I control, so it's worth it to me to heavily configure it to my liking.
The 5 seconds I save every hour easily outweight the 2 minutes I lose when I have to do stuff the standard way.
And it's not only time saved, but also more ergonomic and comfortable, which are hard to quantify

I don't know, I guess I was looking for a good reason to switch to zsh, I thought it was more customizable than bash? I think I will stay with bash for now, I don't even use autocompletion that much, so I don't think I need to switch to zsh if it doesn't have any other benefits. Thank you for your help, user.

>What can it do that I can't do in bash?
Pretty much all differences between languages (be it scripting or "proper programming") boil down to being user (developer) friendly. What can any language do that you can't in assembly?

>he wants to feel comfortable in the house he owns in the room he set up himself in front of the computer that he configured himself
ngmi user, feds are going to get you one day and put you in a white room with no computer