NixOS

It broke.

>can't update packages without building VLC and FFmpeg from source
>even when it's uncommented out in home-manager

It's over. I thought you were the one.

Attached: snowflake.png (311x269, 42.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hydra.nixos.org/job/nixos/trunk-combined/nixpkgs.ffmpeg.x86_64-linux/all
cache.nixos.org/zsb9d1vkd8cll3p7q887jbn3mgbcf4id.narinfo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>building VLC and FFmpeg from source
Do that.

What the fuck are you talking about, schizo? FFmpeg had no build failures for years, and both VLC and FFmpeg are always required to build successfully before the update gets rolled out. You're using a patched FFmpeg somewhere in your config, or you're using a pre-release channel.
hydra.nixos.org/job/nixos/trunk-combined/nixpkgs.ffmpeg.x86_64-linux/all

FFmpeg takes like an hour+ to build and I don't even know how long VLC takes. Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm literally being held hostage by VLC and FFmpeg. Nix says the below but still tries to build it anyways.
don't know how to build these paths:
/nix/store/vhwwn17k6769sf6flwi7wwzvnck5mbsq-gnome-shell-42.3.1
/nix/store/ydbkpqzs3zbixzy85l0dbgvi6iq5ccaj-libvlc-3.0.17.3
/nix/store/zsb9d1vkd8cll3p7q887jbn3mgbcf4id-ffmpeg-full-4.4.1

I'm sad. There are no good distros out there now.

Slackware is a good distro retard

Attached: 1642427127331.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)

> good distros
1. Void
2. Alpine
3. Arch
4. Fedora
Depending on your needs.

>meme distros
Ok keytard

Also Ubuntu if you’re into ML.

>It broke
Roll back then, retard

All distros are meme distros.
You are free to go back to windows or MacOS.

This path is in the cache. cache.nixos.org/zsb9d1vkd8cll3p7q887jbn3mgbcf4id.narinfo
Your internet connection is probably fucked. Try running the rebuild with --option narinfo-cache-negative-ttl 0 and next time don't use third world internet.

NixOS does not force me to build ffmpeg from source. What did you do, retard?

some non-schizo mentally stable user explain this "build from source" meme please, why would any functional human being would waste his life with that schizo meme bs when you can download it and install and have THE SAME EXACT FUCKING PERFORMANCE
meds now.

>THE SAME EXACT FUCKING PERFORMANCE
This part is wrong, the rest was ok

Never had this problem in a real distro with flatpak.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-06-28 21-55-58.png (1164x1910, 141.58K)

slackware installation guide literally recommends you to install EVERYTHING because of how dogshit retarded and pointless manual dependency management is, how can you unironically claim that it's good?

Better performance isn't the goal in most cases. It's customization. Maybe your distro builds the package with a missing compile-time feature that you need. Maybe you fixed a bug in the package's source code and want to use that bugfix in your system, you can use a patch for that. NixOS is one of the few distros that make these kinds of modifications extremely easy while not requiring you to build everything else from source, like Gentoo does.

this.

if it's broken rollback and figure out what's wrong OP

Attached: 1637790006988.png (307x472, 195.97K)

>home-manager
Why blame NixOS for using a third-party module?

OP will complain about Arch because yaourt fucks up something.

Unless you're Google or Netflix or similar, 1% difference is considered irrelevant.

>good in theory
>joke meme in reality
close but not enough for any reasonable male human being to waste time into

>get everything I'll ever need out of the box
>don't have to hunt through package repositories and tacked-on install methods like flatpak anymore
How is it not good

Fedora breaks on updates every second week.
You're just used to it and think there's no problem to this.

Eh, arch isn’t great, but still one of the best.
Personally, I can’t install anything that requires GPG keys, since import just fails with generic error.

>like flatpak
never used flatpak in my life, kys

>Fedora breaks on updates every second week.
What broke in the last two weeks?

Not him, but for me it breaks to a point of me needing to reinstall on every distro upgrade (with different issues on each system). Which is why I just moved back to Arch.

That said, regular updates never broke anything for me.

should have used Guix instead
or even better, a proper desktop OS like Debian

Any respectable male has patched software at least once in his life. Only brainlets and computer illiterates depend on repo jannies 100% of the time.

It was either gdm or gnome-shell.

im a chad, I wont waste time on the broken os called linux, back to your cage nerd. NOW.