Is Arch Linux really the best distro for a modern rig gaming/coding? or am I just falling for the meme? I thought Pop...

Is Arch Linux really the best distro for a modern rig gaming/coding? or am I just falling for the meme? I thought Pop, Fedora were also good for that?

Attached: ff7b1cd99340954936df37be6524ac86d5eb539a.jpg (1280x720, 122.09K)

Yes. Sane distro that basically hands you the steering wheel and doesn't care if you can't drive.

Attached: 1651108216256.jpg (728x582, 50.78K)

Works for me, yeah. Pop is a nice idea but it's gimped because it's based on Ubuntu. Fedora might be okay though.

arch is comfy, once you get past the install and installing all the packages u need

but installation is trivial
>pacstrap /mnt base linux linux-firmware
what is there to be filtered by? formatting your drive?

fuck off faggot, did i say it was hard? it just takes time like installing all the packages u will need

>all packages you will need
calm down clown, you can install packages when you need them

if you're new to linux, meme waste of time
if you want to learn more about linux itself, good hobby

Arch is unironically my favourite just-werks distro.
>pacstrap what you need
>setup bootloader
>never have to worry ever again

who cares
theres more noob friendly material for debian/ubuntu

stockholm syndrome fag kys

Attached: GNU+Windows.png (719x6671, 391.77K)

Sure, I'm not saying newbies should go for it, I'm countering your assertion that it's just a hobbyist distro.

>meme waste of time

Attached: ksnip_20220710-235418.png (391x167, 21.02K)

void is better

Attached: 16336166482610.png (1920x1080, 143.7K)

xbpsbrapppppwtfbbq

isnt using Arch and the AUR trusting some user from who knows where and their repo? fedora and ubuntu/pop/mint dont seem to have this problem

The most annoying thing about arch is.... Packagekit doesnt work that well with alpm i guess. Other than that its like, the dostro equivalent of the puzzle piece in the meme where the guy puts the one missing puzzle piece in the back of his head.

The AUR is, yes. But that is not a part of Arch, they do not support it, and it is not enabled by default. It's the same thing as rpmfusion on Fedora, so yes, it does have that 'problem'. Ubuntu has/had PPAs but now they've gone full retard with snap.

>what is aliases

installing crap with like 1 vote on the AUR is kinda sus ngl

Yes that is exactly what the aur is. This user is missing a puzzle piece.

Pop, Flatpaks and OpenSnitch and youre good

>needs an alias to cope with shittiest name for a package manager ever

Just use gufw.

>filtered by package manager name
imagine this nigguh

nigguh fr fr xbkrfspklgbtq+ bussin no cap bruh