Piracy: downloading something without giving in return what is expected

Piracy: downloading something without giving in return what is expected
Ergo, watching videos, while blocking ads.

My favourite example to explain this to people who just don't get it is: say if there was certain http requests you could block on Amazon, and it caused you to not get charged, so you could just buy things for free, would that be OKAY?

Attached: images (17).jpg (532x577, 41.75K)

rape: forcing oneself onto another without consent

do you work in adtech or are you just a subhuman?
honest question

>My favourite example to explain this to people who just don't get it is: say if there was certain http requests you could block on Amazon, and it caused you to not get charged, so you could just buy things for free, would that be OKAY?
yes because amazon is a horrible company that treats it's workers like subhuman rats and is a massive driver in disposable consumer culture

>watch FTA TV - get ads
>pay for Netflix - no ads
I pay for my internet faggot, either fuck the ads off or provide my connection for free.

piracy: when someone benefits from what I gave away for basically free and now I'm butthurt about it

Attached: 1657518869.png (906x612, 379.01K)

That's true that Amazon is a horrible company, but - stealing from them is still theft.

>getting add revenue from a video about piracy
Do it Nintendo, lincuck dick tips has never worked a day in his life.

so? who gives a fuck?

I'd just like to interject for a moment, publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words.

Attached: cope.jpg (321x445, 31.9K)

>so you could just buy things for free, would that be OKAY?
yes fuck that bald mongrel and his rubbish company

i 100% agree that adblocking is a form of piracy, you circumvent giving "value" to the provider, even though that is the intended design and also in the "contract" you accept by using the site. i would just argue that it should be legal and that its not morally wrong at all.

>forgetting the part where the "user" has paid for his monthly access to the warehouse

Test

Make a DVD and lets see how many viewers you fucking get. Now moar scrapheap or fuck off.

why do I owe the scum of earth anything?

Linus is such a fucking hypocrite. He publishes videos that are literal piracy guides, knowing fully well that nobody in the history of mankind has ever used these techniques to copy their own games onto a PC. But then he goes around criticizing adblockers of all things?
It's like the only point at which he starts caring is when it affects his own revenue.

>It's like the only point at which he starts caring is when it affects his own revenue.
"piracy" is literally a word made up by lobbyists who keep pushing copyright laws

Advertising should be illegal. The Internet is unusable without adblockers,and all ads are spam.

Is this real? This guy is a worthless piece of shit.

>walking my dog
>look up and accidentally see through neighbours window
>he's watching netflix
>see 12 seconds of copyright material
>FBI van pulls up and three large gentoomen cuff me and force me into the back of the van
>dog left on the street
>get out of prison 3 years later
>dog is dead
>2.5 year old summons in the mail about stray dog
>missed court appearance so have outstanding warrant
>local police arrive to take me to prison for avoiding court date
>3 more years jail
>return from prison
>arrive to find a bill from the local dog pound for capture, feeding and ultimate disposal of stray dog
>interest has accumulated to over 9000 dollarydoos while I was in prison
>debt collectors have sued me while I was in prison and absense has given me an automatic guilty plea
>unable to pay 9000 dollars back as prison work only pays 2c an hour
>claim bankruptcy
>bank takes home/car/PC/possesions to consolidate debt
>end up homeless man living from a shopping cart under a bridge
>police find me and serve me with a summons for the theft of a shopping cart
>unable to afford bus fait to court
>found pissing on a tree with outstanding warrant for trolly theft
>prison for 3 more years
>upon release find out that the movie minority report has come true and pre-cogs can tell I am going to commit another crime
>sent to prison for pre-crime of skipping an add on GoogleTTVTubeMetaverseTok
>die in prison after being shanked for looking at a guys newspaper while he was reading it

Piracy is morally right too. My data, MY PROPERTY. I can share, modify, and copy as I wish. You made it? You want to make as much money as possible and profit off every copy of it? Okay, make something else. My copy is mine. One item one sale.

>Who gives a fuck?

Anyone who lives in a place with high rates of theft that has to go find a wagie to unlock toothpaste for them. The end result of “lol it’s ok to shoplift” crackhead culture.

When I buy a magazine subscription does each article author expect payment from me or from the publisher?

When I walk into a newsagent and flip through a magazine freely on display on a shelf, is it piracy? If I see a full page advert in said magazine and just flip to next page is it piracy? For fucks sake, why is this even an argument? Fuck this gay earth.

Attached: 1415947167403.gif (333x250, 2.74M)

>you pay for internet connection
>they bloat you with ads
>they datamine you with ads
nah im good
imagine paying for data on a cellphone and having ads eat into your monthly bandwidth lmfao

This, ads are for poor people. You know, the ones with no money to buy shit.