Hi Any Forums friendly note for anyone learning databases

NEVER NAME A FIELD "InOut." That's NOT ALLOWED. So I blew my whole Sunday learning that one thing. Anyone else lost a day on ONE F-ing thing?

Attached: MariaDB.png (448x128, 16.47K)

Always have at least one column named "select"

that's what you get for being a PascalCasing faggot

is that the opensource version of mysql? why the fuck would you use that? Is your manager an idiot? Are you an idiot?

Attached: maw.jpg (768x768, 156.04K)

>I'm so retarded I don't check my names are not reserved in the language
Text book example of a "you problem".

This shit is a PAIN. I want to make a business, and I was about to just make the site non-dynamic, but while I was in the process of crying to my hosting provider of my woes, I trouble shot it before I got to the big dog and had to apologize for the chat request. So some Eastern European now knows that I'm a retard.

>2022
>mysql
You did this to yourself

I AM the manager. I'm also the marketer, the coder, the artist, the salesman, and outreach. I need money for gambling. And it's MariaDB, and php treats it all the same. I can't be the only one right?

>being this much of a shill for wire compatible alternatives to the new defacto
You are the idiot here, if you've not replaced mysql with mariadb in your project you're working with the bad guys.

>I AM the manager
So yes?

>people still use databases that aren't postgres
If you made the choice to use this and didn't just inherit a legacy application that was already on mysql, you're a retard.

So what do we use in 2022? I have NO friends who code. My kid does and, quite frankly, he is smarter than I am (seriously, this kid tells me how to do shit in my native languages and it works). Rather than code with me, he makes games on ROBLOX which is actually fun according to sources I'm familiar with.

>So what do we use in 2022?
Postgresql. Did you do any research at all before making this choice?

Seriously, MariaDB is very similar to MySQL. That'll be great if my main company works off of it. I can donate to their project rather than suck off oracle and run it on my servers if I get to graduate to becoming a host.

>actually mysql is very close to mariadb
Everybody knows that. They're literally the same codebase that split off over licensing and governance shit. To the point where people use the names interchangeably in technical discussions about databases. If someone is saying that mariadb was a bad choice, they aren't implying that you should have used mysql instead.

Let me give you a window into my world. I know NOBODY who does web dev. Xampp comes with MariaDB now (and I LOVE IT), and my hosting service uses MySQL. Just avoid keywords in fields and there's no problem.

>Just avoid keywords in fields and there's no problem.
You wish that was the only problem with mysql. You'll discover more issues as the years go on, and then once you finally switch to a good DB you'll learn a whole lot more problems with mysql that you didn't realize were problems at the time.

Use cassandra instead of sql

Nice digits, it's a simple website that barely needs a database. It's for me to milk gambling money off of and to hand down to my little man when he reaches the age of majority. I don't know that I'll need to do this more, but I want the ability to sort fields dynamically later, but honestly, with all the breakdowns going on right now, I want to profit off of market gaps. And if shit keeps swirling the bowl, I have a feeling I'm going to get more sucked in.

>steam gambling meme site spammer is unironically asking for spoonfeed in one place that is too incompetent to help him

>it's a simple website that barely needs a database
Sure sure. I'm not saying you can't get away with mysql, and especially not for little toy projects. But some day you're going to want to build a real project that's heavily dependent on its database, and you're going to only be familiar with mysql. You'll end up inappropriately applying mysql to a project that would be much better off with postgres because it's all you know and you'll convince yourself it's good enough. If you start your journey using the better options, you don't have to go through that pain later.

you're projecting really hard considering there's no real difference between postgres and mysql other than some reddit cope here and there that takes 5 minutes to fix