Open a Leetcode medium problem

>open a Leetcode medium problem

>spend 30 minutes trying to solve it

>fail miserably

>open up an explanation video

>spend 30-40 minutes trying to understand what was just said

How in God's name are people actually getting hired in today's market as juniors when this is this challenging to pass the basic threshold?

Attached: 1322615842122.jpg (400x400, 19.81K)

>gets filtered by leetcode medium

How did you even figure out the captcha

Interviews are a test and can be studied for. Keep practicing.

Not everyone is fagman material and that's ok

Does anybody actually hire based on leetcode? As someone who has both interviewed and been interviewed dozens of times, I've never seen it come up. Don't get me wrong, if you can't do algorithms then maybe try web dev you shitter, but who the fuck cares about leetcode problem ratings?

It's not just the leetcode problem, you're not getting in without your badge of money wasted and suffocating debt keeping you docile and desperate to kiss your employer's ass.

Attached: 2022-07-10-190606_1043x798_scrot.png (1043x798, 1.19M)

I have interview scheduled with Akuna Capital as a quant, which funnily enough is just a HackerRank test.

Attached: unknown.png (672x645, 114.59K)

I only did practice leetcode problems and had a small collection of hobby projects and got hired

So glad I'm not a junior

Also the onsite interviews tend to be around leetcode medium in difficulty. They are still algorithmic problem but not as stripped down from their context and abstracted like leetcode problems. Which in some way makes them harder and in other ways easier.

I spent two hours on a leetcode easy today and it still doesn't pass all tests

Aren't leetcode problems just the same sort of shit you had on your algorithms homework assignments?

Leetcode medium is literally profound retardation level tasks.

real programmers don't use leetcope
it's literally designed to test whether you're enough of an NPC to solve arbitrary irrelevant problems instead of real ones, because when you're a corporate wageslave, noone expects you to actually do anything meaningful, especially by yourself, only do the thing you're told to
and pic is very related, he made macos usable to more than just toddlers, but he didn't remember something irrelevant that noone needs to remember because it is already a solved problem so he's not a good fit for a corporate wageslave position

Attached: leetcope.jpg (640x401, 30.96K)

this
most developer interviews are memory games and have nothing to do with employee performance
i wonder if hiring managers keep it around as a trap for grinders, as any experienced developer should be able to call it out and redirect to the real point: what value they bring to the company

I did not fall for the learn to code meme so this is not my problem

t. 223k TCO project manager - I tell code faggots to work faster

I would rather do leetcode than take home assignments

Take rests and let the techniques become muscle memory. Practice on paper if you gotta. If something seems too hard, then you need to study the underlying algorithm more. Eventually you'll start seeing pattern crop up from previous algorithms and solutions and it'll get easier to think programmatically. Remember, it's all just premises and conclusions, even the complex looking ones.

That's the most ridiculous thing here. I know how to code quite well from the internships I have held so far (non-CS useless degree holder here), but literally none of them have asked me to do anything that remotely requires two pointers, sliding windows and so forth. I think in all of my coding practice only once I have had to use XOR and once I had to use dynamic programming to speed up a part of code, and that's the closest thing to Leetcode practice I encountered in my hundreds of hours of coding.

Attached: 1qnbjv.jpg (599x448, 29.2K)

that's because all of this
>sliding windows
shit is only relevant in very specific algorithms
unless you're writing some audio codec you will literally NEVER in your life need anything like this, and these things are done by mathematicians, not standard programmers

I look at it as a noob filter. If you fail it means one of two things:
- you are a brainlet
- or you are not motivated enough to get the job

I think they generally want people who think leetcodes are a fun challenge. It says more about you than just your raw ability to memorize algorithms.

Kek, keep coping with that crab in a bucket mentality. This is absolutely not true anymore.