Forced to do a factory reset on my phone for work

My work place is now requiring us to reset our phones at the end of a certain project. It will be inspected by an "IT" to verify it has been reset (i.e the Carrier logo/Setup page).
Any suggestions to evade this. I have no interest in complying with this kool-aid drinking wagecuck policy since most of the people I work with are too stupid to understand how basic computers and electronics work aside from their dopamine drip ticktocks and social media.
Worst case I can backup my data on my PC but rather not have to do this for convenience.

My phone is an un rooted samsung Galaxy s21 ultra.

Attached: cover16.jpg (1600x900, 276.32K)

Just back it up and restore it you retard.
You're the one too stupid to understand how basic computers work

>buy shitty cheap chinkphone
>return it afterwards
or
>don't work for jews

Is is your own phone that you paid for? Tell your work to fuck off. If they want you to have a work phone they need to give it to you.
If this is a phone that they gave you and pay for and you rooted a work phone you're a moron for using it for personal tasks and falling for Any Forums memes

Just reset it? It's a work phone, who gives a shit

Is it their phone? If so, give it back jamal.

If not, and this is your phone, then make an user shit on twitter with a screencap of the policy and @ the some jews at the ACLU.

I swear if I have to deal with this kind of shit in 4 years on my personal phone because you didn't expose it....

Attached: thesimps.jpg (310x443, 73.54K)

What exactly do you work on where that would even be a relevant thing for a company to do?

the absolute state of wagecucks

Sorry I forgot to mention I work in an extremely remote environment that has no outside internet or cell data and I cannot get my phone to a location before this reset.

My plan is make an image of my phone on my personal laptop which is not subject to the same policy.

Attached: m_fp__xl.jpg (1200x625, 952.61K)

Its my personal phone, I have a company phone but my phone is just for entertainment and personal utility. On that topic what would you do to optimize a phone for long periods of offline use?
I really wish I could say, but feel free to guess.

ITT: Arctic research station wants all the phones erased with evidence global warming isn't real.

The only reason I can see an employer wanting this (if they are borrowed devices) is to delete all location history. Google phones have location tracking integration with maps and you can see everywhere a person has been from the moment location tracking was enabled.

tell them to buy you a company phone or to fuck off

Or my other guess is someone in the department connected their phone to a PC and copied a bunch of files they weren't allowed to take. If that's the case then the IT department is pretty dumb for not disabling or restricting USB port use.

I still need to have a personal one if only for my own use/entertainment outside of working hours.

Nah we know not to do that, and thankfully not that dumb

Then buy your own phone. Holy fuck. Is this thread bait?

Sounds illegal

>I still need to have a personal one if only for my own use/entertainment outside of working hours.
Seriously dude? Buy your own phone then retard.

I'm an SysAdmin and we have people exactly like OP at work we get shit like this all the time
>Here is a phone during your X month contract here don't use it for personal stuff as it is for work only we manage it and will also need ti back at the end of contract.
>haha okay
>No like seriously you can't factory reset these and ALL data syncs to us, please only use this for work sign here saying you agree
>alright whatever
>end of contract comes to an end need the phone back
>HEY WAIT I HAD PERSONAL STUFF ON THERE I NEED TO CLEAR IT
>here is the document you signed saying you wouldn't do that
>UR VIOLATING THE LAW I'LL SUE YOU!!!!
>okay cool take it up with HR

We generally wipe it as soon as they give it back but depends on the projects and if they need to review anything

>unrooted phone
lmoa

Corporate phones are corporate property, they can do whatever they want with it. Depending if it was BYOD or not there usually are stipulations there regarding "hey if you use your own device these policies will be enforced".

Our work allows people to bring their own chromebooks but they have to understand on leaving the company it will be marked to powerwash.

My advice is If you get a company phone lent to you only use burner accounts on it.

Or don't use it at all, and only answer phone calls/read messages.

Jesus christ, I have one personal phone which I DO NOT use for work. I can use a work phone but that is irrelevant considering the fact that there is no cell service of any kind nor any outside communication like internet access that is possible in this particular environment/situation.

The issue is we are required to reset our phones after this job is done. The reason I have a personal phone is simply for entertainment, watching movies, etc when I'm not on duty/working.

Sorry I was unclear.

Attached: cover16.jpg (1600x900, 146.63K)

I have a work phone, but it sits on my desk or at home as a backup/emergency/travel for work kinda device. I have a Xiaomi phone moto power phone that works just fine for my daily driver, if work needs me I have it set to ring loudly as needed, and then forward to a google voice number if I miss something.

*Have a personal phone at this work place/site.

>my work gave me a device and it needs to be wiped as it is their property!!!!
Okay what's the issue?

> internet access that is possible in this particular environment/situation.
NOOOO your work expects you to work while at work.... damn....

>The reason I have a personal phone is simply for entertainment, watching movies, etc when I'm not on duty/working.
So what's the problem, so long as you aren't touching work information with your personal phone there should not be an issue. They didn't by chance tell you ahead of time about this and you just blew it off right? Obviously the company oversight here not you, you couldn't just be stupid

If they installed an MDM on your personal phone - then they can already wipe it whenever they feel like (or at least the private partition set up by the MDM). Never let any business configure an MDM on your personal phone. Immediate 'fuck off' red flag.

If they didn't, then they can't really do shit, you could just walk in with a walmart burner and say it was your personal phone, just put the SIM in if you think they're competent enough to check to make sure its the right number.

Attached: R-679803-1653767611-9347.jpg (507x507, 136.46K)

>have work phone
>turn on hot spot
>use personal phone connected to hot spot for service and internet
How is this hard to understand go back to Any Forums

Worker protection laws in the US prevent your company from requiring this if it's your personal device and you don't have work-related content on it. If you have been using your phone for work or this is a work-provided phone, then you should comply, because it's company property and they can do what they want with their own property.

>Worker protection laws in the US prevent your company from requiring this if it's your personal device and you don't have work-related content on it.
Nah, if OP is bringing it into an environment in which data or trade secrets or government operations are undergoing they can tell him to wipe the phone should it enter that environment. However, this is always stated in some way shape or form during the hiring process and such. They can do this generally because the phone is considered and audio and/or video recording device, but most everyone glosses over this.

>> internet access that is possible in this particular environment/situation.
>NOOOO your work expects you to work while at work.... damn....

I literally sleep, eat and drink at my work in rather tight living quaters for months at a time with about a hundred or so many people. There is extremely limited contact with the outside world and most of time even sending/receiving email isn't possible. We can use our electronics for entertainment when we are not on shift/duty.

Attached: 52403_fear_armacham_technology_corporation.jpg (1980x1080, 138.32K)