TV prices

will the price of OLED start coming down soon?

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-10 21-45-10.png (1290x804, 963.88K)

it already has

Lmao imagine buying a smart tv

imagine buying a thinkbook

They already have somewhat, if QD-OLED can get more competitive OLED prices might drop even further though I doubt it'll be much on the lower end stuff that is already pushing $900 on sale.

some normies at work told me the best deals are around the superbowl for tv's. Is this true? I'm sorta in the market for a 55'' but im not in a rush to get it either. not looking to spend more than 1k on it either.

also i havent bought a tv since like 2015, are absolutely all of them smart tv's now? do they still make decent ones without that bullshit? i use my ps4 like a firestick anyway but im mostly just gonna play movies/tv shows ive torrented

>some normies at work told me the best deals are around the superbowl for tv's. Is this true?
TVs models are refreshed on a yearly basis.
Before and around spring time, last year's models are going to go on a clearance sale. Around black Friday is when current models will go on sale.

>are absolutely all of them smart tv's now
Pretty much, smart features can be ignored tho.

>Buying a TV with spyware instead of a monitor or commercial TV.

>commercial TV
ive heard this mentioned several times on Any Forums, where do you find these, are they cheaper than regular ones and do they have good display tech?

Just don't connect it to the internet??????

>Before and around spring time, last year's models are going to go on a clearance sale. Around black Friday is when current models will go on sale.
got it good to know. seems there's plenty of samsung and lg's for around 500bux with 4k and qled and i see one one amazon for like 850 that is 120hz 4k

fagit ass webos needing its own app to play YouTube from my phone

>buying a data harvesting spybox with unavoidable screen burn-in
You get what you pay for.

I don't think I'd want one too many drawbacks VS qd-oled

Literally has been this month

does anyone have like an inforgraph or can tl:dr all the tv tech shit? just starting to do research on it and wanna know what im getting for my money. like qled, led, uhd, hdr all that

thats led

It's the same as a TV but it doesn't have a tuner. You're not leaving the botnet with one since all the hardware is pretty much the same. Just stripped down. You hear about it on Any Forums because Any Forums are schizos. If you don't want/need a tuner or extra ports or whatever, go for it.

i thought half their selling point is if you wanted to have them outside on some covered porch or some shit and they're built to withstand the elemenets a bit more than a livingroom set

The external build quality is slightly better for things like outdoor use, but the internals are all the same as a smart tv, sans a lower nits/higher op time rated screen. You're giving up other things most people buy a modern tv for: Colors/brightness/ports/tuner

This. I was hesitant about the smartness, got a TCL roku tv and never connected, it's not a problem at all, no ads or other shit. Basically just fancier menus than an old tv.

daily reminder that oled is dogshit and a top of the line led looks better in SDR and HDR

>led
enjoy your washed out contrast

I don't sit in pitch black darkness to watch my tv fortunately. oled looks like shit.