/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice:
pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

>Any Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1643663271291.png (881x941, 338.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/32613368914.html
aliexpress.com/item/1005003631225375.html
yoycart.com/Product/621743032827/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for $10 meme dongle with spring mod

Attached: dongle.jpg (1944x2592, 1.61M)

Does springs improve transients and macrodynamics?

Only if you tape the right bag of audiophile crystals to it

Might have to break some apart into a powder so it doesn't weigh it down.

Attached: IMG_5001-brilliant-pebbles-small.jpg (700x1050, 79.45K)

I have a Focusrite 18i20 that I use for recording and just got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pros. On older quieter masters like pic related, I have the headphone output set to about 75%. Modernly mastered tracks closer to 50-60%. All in all I think the sound is good. No noise. Nothing to complain about. But if I'm not driving the headphones fully, am I missing out on some of the frequency response? Should I go grab some Schiit stuff? They have a local shop near me.

Attached: ringo.jpg (948x1656, 197.86K)

Where the fuck can you get replacement tuning paper?

In the trash where it belongs
Buy foam and mesh and use that instead

Not the same properties.
Foam is 3D and mesh doesn't do shit on top of that

Oh this is /hpg/ my bad

Fucking hell why do they make this shit that hard to find
And why do they mostly sell pre cut shit and only for earphones
I think this is what I want but there seems to be no choice over what I get in terms of paper
aliexpress.com/item/32613368914.html
unlike
aliexpress.com/item/1005003631225375.html
but that shit is too small for what I'm looking for I want an actual sheet of the stuff.

Message the seller and ask if he can get you sheets of it

I'll try that
I think I've found out why there's only precut stuff, there's a seller on alibaba doing custom cut stuff, minimum buy quantity 10k units

There's also
yoycart.com/Product/621743032827/
but the shipping costs are spicy and the site looks sketchy

Well I'm a dumbass for not thinking of reverse searching hte listings, it's on Taobao, so I just have to find a local agent and do that, at less than $1 a sheet I can nab 4 of each type and experiment.

Nice, taobao will do forwarding without an agent now but i don't know what their shipping charges are like. You select international buyer for shipping option when you order and they send it to taobaos designated mail forwarder who bills you for international shipping.
Or just get the list of agents from the taobao thread on /cgl/

About to buy some K371s. They look like everything I want;
>over ear
>closed back
>neutral-ish
>detachable cable.
But that weird headband concerns me. Before I pull the trigger, is there better quality headphones that fit the bill?

Worlds best headphone; the Sony MDR-Z1R

Attached: E85E8F5F-54E5-4794-AB1A-9CA22EE0B16E.jpg (1920x1080, 191.63K)

Yup

Attached: 3jnFPKPr5[1].jpg (1920x980, 448.99K)

Probably not the right place to ask, but either my computer or my iPhone is breaking my headphones (the left one stops working completely). Does anyone know which device is doing it, and why this is the case?

the same headphones fail in the same way on both the phone and the PC? it's most likely an intermittent contact inside the plug assembly on the headphones. that should be good news, because otherwise it means you've physically damaged the jacks on both devices.

what is the best set of headphones I can get for around 300-400?

Just had my KSC75 die again does anyone else make decent on ear clip headphones without that classic koss build quality? Almost no one even seems to even be making that style of headphone anymore.