Valve has abandoned the Steam Deck

Literally not even updating basic software and leaving their loyal fans vulnerable to many CVEs...this is why I use nintendo switch, it just works

Attached: 1657497037809.png (1081x1111, 360.85K)

>particularly if you use it to store passwords for social media
I hate women so much its unreal

>default browser that you can easily change is out of date
>meanwhile most of the world still using far out of date andriod devices and willingly install spyware on

>six-month old
I MUST UPDOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Any Forums is social media

>dont store your passwords in your browser, thats what password managers are for
my browser has a password manager retard

Attached: 1657257737856.gif (333x281, 1.67M)

Apparently, Valve hasn't heard of Firefox ESR.

Why would you use a browser on a gaming console in the first place?

Oh no, it's 6 months old? How utterly terrible, I cannot even put it into words....

>Apparently, Valve doesn't heard of Firefox ESL.
FTFY ;-)

>using a six month old browser is... le bad!
Don't tell them about Discord's outdated Electron or Steam's outdated CEF.

I thought it was a standalone OS, can you not update firefox yourself?

The root filesystem is read-only by default (you can unlock it, of course). It works like Fedora Silverblue.

Nope. It uses an immutable core. If you change it, the mothership will override you in the next update.

My brain is a password manager. If all else fails, I'll write it down on paper.

can't you literally just add Ubuntu repos to your sources.list and fix this?
>Steam Deck... runs SteamOS 3.0, which is based on the Arch Linux
Never mind
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA

>using poop OS at all

Attached: 2Ei2Kx0Kd7Vv.gif (371x205, 1.7M)

Oh wow, a whole six months out of date. Who gives a fuck

should have pre-installed brave

Shit i forgot my Any Forums password

I have solution to security. Aiming at the requirements of trusted environment for embedded applications, put forward a software trust root construction method based on dual-core architecture, which is composed of Bootloader and trusted kernel, and a dry-branch trust chain transfer model, taking into full consideration the characteristics and design constraints of embedded systems. SHA-1 engine is embedded in Bootloader in solidified boot FLASH, which measures and loads trusted kernel. Trusted kernel protects Bootloader by prohibiting user kernel and upper application from writing to FLASH. They interact with each other, and can be used as trust root to resist non-physical attacks. Trusted kernel provides password service related functions for user kernel; The application and its user kernel run as a process of trusted kernel. There is formal proof of trusted guidance is given based on predicate logic

What actually needs to be fixed is the terrible buggy desktop controller mapping interface, it doesn't even show the deck correctly and will only apply community controller configs, you can't even properly add all the buttons. Even more outrageous is the joke of an on screen keyboard, THERE IS NO ALT, CTRL OR F* KEYS, like seriously what the fuck is valve thinking.

>That's less than ideal.
i hate speech like this

Attached: 1636472121462.png (646x731, 37.79K)

ITT steamcels coping
It's funny how they are getting screwed over again (remember Steam machines?)

How were people "screwed over" with Steam Machines? They were literally just regular PCs that you could do anything you like with. As is the Steam Deck. Nobody is being forced to run SteamOS on either.

Do those undoubtedly proprietary drivers for those funky controls come in a .deb?