/iemg/ & /pmp/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
azalush5.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/dap-comparison-2022-01

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ IEM Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame
• Aria Snow Edition(Aria with better QC but different tuning) - 80$

/iemg/ Earbuds Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame1

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• CX-Pro Audio 31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• none(because people keep asking)
scarbir.com/

Old thread:

Attached: 1f915bc4d66cccb8659eb52e8a8618da.jpg (850x1279, 272.4K)

NIGGERS TONGUE MY ANUS

ntma?

Sounds like a new KZ IEM.

what are your thoughts on moondrop ssr/ssp? is it the best spexs for the price?

Look awesome, sounds awful. Cable and build are really nice but my SSP sound very close to the my quarks w/ a boost in the treble. Too much boost in the treble maybe but for the price, who cares.

but how is the distortion, resolution? i am going to eq it anyway so fr doesn't matter too much

They're bearable at best. You'd be much better off getting chu for a little less or t3+ for a little more.

Aside from Amir from ASR no one measure THD, and Amir measured like 3 iems total.

Thoughts on EDA balanced?

resolution is what you'd expect, fine for the price but nothing compared to T3 or ER2SE for similar or a bit more. There's distortion at higher volumes as the SSP literally shoots itself in the foot because of the higher treble.

pos

literal best KZ/CCA iem ever. still not even that good tho tbqhfam. if u only hav $20 and don't mind sibilance, it's fine

CRA still king imo

All garbage unless you use PEQ. I tried to listen to CRA without PEQ and it sounds like bassist standing right before your face while vocalist hiding behind bassist.

PEQ = Penis equalization?

If I can get one for very cheap (10 bucks or so) how good / bad is a Gen 5 (maybe even gen 5.5 I dunno) iPod?

>bassist
>vocalist
Please dont tell me you're a dad rock listener. Anyway cra does have too boosted of a 4-7k region

> dont tell me you're a dad rock listener
Yes i am, kid.

Attached: 1560253849473.gif (750x400, 121.78K)

You included my pro-EDA post and said you listened to CRAp. They are not the same. EDA Balanced corrects issues with bloated fat CRA bass, corrects mids to have vocals be less recessed, and minimally tames CRA treble.
Ignore all EDA Balanced haters. It's simply superior across the frequency range and technically in every way

Where are the EDA graphs tho, no one has squig'd them yet. Anyway I found CRA+ worse than CRA.

cba to spoonfeed you. multiple ppl have it graphed, though some of them are the inconsistent ones. CRA+ was doa pos

Attached: harmanfr.png (939x1209, 1.62M)

Attached: graph (7).png (2400x1038, 279.67K)

>something something technicalities, speed, control

Attached: words.png (876x697, 263.56K)

ARIA OR ARIA SE? or something else but need for waifu

You know the answer.
It's snow in summertime baby.

Treble looks better but I didnt need them to touch the bass

the graph doesn't reveal the ear sound. CRA bass actually sounds weaker to the ear, with a slow decay and no detail. EDA Balanced bass snaps faster and slams with a higher quality