Why can't windows even do file copying right...

Why can't windows even do file copying right? Why do you have to use an external program to properly copy and move files? What the fuck are they even doing to not do fundamental things out of the box?

Attached: McrBY.png (463x294, 7.55K)

Too busy putting ads in the start menu.

Works well enough, and it doesn't lose your files, unlike Linux.

Depends on the size, type, and number of files you're moving and where they're being moved to/from.

Attached: 1629176293340.png (522x311, 12.1K)

or I can just install an external program that works with any size, type, and number of files. are you a fucking shill?

The OS isn't really in control of low level read and writes on modern disks, it handles the filesystem drivers but the filesystem is still at the mercy of the controller which "accepts" low level commands and pretends it did them as requested, but in reality, it's busy shuffling data around and blanking whole NAND cells and doing complex wear leveling without telling the OS and throttling themselves to avoid burning out the controller because the manufacturer couldn't spare a 2 cent heatsink.

whee

Attached: Untitled.png (449x287, 8.52K)

This. Very few people are even remotely aware of this but despite it being 2022 there are still brand new SSDs being produced that are so outrageously dogshit that replacing them with short stroked hard drive IMPROVES performance. These SSDs are being chucked in low end laptops/prebuilts which probably constitute like 90% of all computers sold.

Attached: dmG1O.png (1024x671, 185.78K)

Most computers being sold are laptops and smartphones and those are purely eMMC now.

My favorite is when you get a "path too long" error. Then why the fuck did you allow the creation of that path??????
It's a good thing Windows Just Werks I guess.

I have never lost a file on a Linux FS, including ext2. I've lost entire disks and directories to NTFS's buttfuckery though. Are you sure you're not just a retarded piece of shit with the IQ of a ripe summer squash?

The kikery never stops.

Attached: madotsuki_puke_parody_ikachan_by_mugenjohncel-d41hry2.jpg (680x680, 62.28K)

I have never seen a laptop with eMMC, including the 200 dollar Gateway shitboxes from Walmart. They all use m.2 drives, either SATA or NVMe.
Actually I take that back, I guess there's the Pinebook, if you want to consider that a laptop.

>what are chromebooks
You can even find a growing number of windows laptops with eMMC on amazon now.

While GUI-Copy is dogshit, robocopy exist and works ootb

I guess I'm used to cheapo laptops of the $100-200 variety, those all have eMMC in them.
I just want a 10+ hour battery life chromebook or similar with passive cooling and a real m.2 slot because I know I won't get quality storage at that price point and I don't believe in active cooling for laptops in 2022.

I would consider ARM laptops if they weren't all gimped in some fundamental way and really heavily dependent on out of tree linux drivers and GPL violating chinese kernel images straight from the manufacturer, the moment those stop being updated, you're stuck with abandonware.

Windows Explorer is ~5-8x slower than command line. Just FYI.

>the short stroked HDD schizo is back
Fucking kill yourself.

t.

Attached: npc ssd dram.png (2000x1400, 624.02K)

>you're stuck with abandonware
>abandonware

Attached: 1655338600746.png (598x620, 89.36K)

Only the cheapest atom aka celeron/pentium sliver laptops have emmc drives
Most phones now use UFS

ssd shills never sleep

It's been 10 FUCKING YEARS
They're good enough to use as your only drive if you only have the space for one and it's the easiest way to reinvigorate an old PC.

>it's the win7 2500k hdd schizo
I bet you also disabled cleartype you fucking retard

What's wrong with what I said?
You sure as fuck aren't getting GPL violating scraps of code into the mainstream kernel to support your bespoke ARM hardware.

actually WinXP

Not really, command line isn't magically going to convert your dogshit SSD into a 970 evo.

Don't take my word for it, go look at the reviews. Synthetics won't show you things like where the piece of shit controller is having a stroke.

To be fair most of these kids here have never heard about short stroking. A non short stroked HDD filled to the brim and never defragged is going to be a lot slower than the chinkiest SSD.

>look at retarded reviewers like linus shit tips

>Not really, command line isn't magically going to convert your dogshit SSD into a 970 evo.
Wrong. You don't have to believe me.

Test it yourself. Try copying 10000+ small files from explorer and compare it to cmd line copy command

Everybody heard about short-stroking because you won't shut up about it, schizo.
Everyone can also see how underwhelming its actual performance is, and how incredibly superior even C-class SSDs are.
Take your pills, the whole bottle at once.