I have this weird niche hobby about stage lighting

I have this weird niche hobby about stage lighting.
Is anyone else on Any Forums interested in lighting, or just me?

Attached: clay_paky_wins_the_most_important_lighting_awards_in_america_at_ldi_05_L.jpg (600x720, 65.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXodNAcyFj8
laseros.com/lasercube/
thomann.de/gb/stairville_dj_lase_rgb_pro_advanced_1000.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=nTsRTJko5sU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xg257Y4iZfI
youtube.com/watch?v=KFlWoxJiUAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aUEftGVcm0U
youtube.com/watch?v=602IcfqT5Fw
scannermax.com/pages/resonant-scanners
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And yes, stage lighting is technology

Attached: robe_colorspot250_at_lyre_asservie_dmx_effets_professionnel_250w_ouvert.jpg (479x600, 67.11K)

For me, it's stage lighting in Unreal Engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=UXodNAcyFj8

Attached: image_1.png (1920x548, 2.19M)

I thought about buying some lights and messing with DMX512 and QLC+, but I can't justify spending that money on something I don't need or use.

Nice, I should try this to train myself.
Pic rel is my getho poorfag setup, with a touchscreen, and arduino with 3 faders and a keyboard that is not an USB HID device but I plug it in the arduino to have direct input buttons

Attached: IMG_20220710_195029.jpg (4000x3000, 1.57M)

I want one of those laser machines to draw big penises on buildings. How much does a basic one cost?

$999
laseros.com/lasercube/

Have you tried holographic projection? Or just translucid and creating the idea of superimposed reality and projection?

Quality laser that draw bright and in color can be expensive as fuck (up to 5 digits), but there's cheapest ones.
You need a laser with an ILDA interface (DMX protocol is too slow to draw things) - or some more modern USB or Ethernet, but these are less common and more expensive.
The cheapest ILDA laser I found on thomann is this one: thomann.de/gb/stairville_dj_lase_rgb_pro_advanced_1000.htm
It even have a PS/2 input for a keyboard but I don't know how the fuck are you supposed to use it

Attached: 10656436.jpg (3000x2149, 1.49M)

From autism point of view, this is very interesting, but a problem arises because you have to work in an environment full of normies.
youtube.com/watch?v=nTsRTJko5sU
Lasers are cool too
youtube.com/watch?v=Xg257Y4iZfI

Sounds rather autistic to be honest but I get you
I just like professional equipment in general, their robust, practical design is interesting

can I use this to make gaming more immersive?

desu I'm not a big fan of laser in lighting designs, but these machines are fucking impressive.
How can a physical mirror move so fast that it can draw rather complex rather image with a single point?
youtube.com/watch?v=KFlWoxJiUAQ
this video also feature an experimental feature that can blur the laser beam

Attached: $_10.jpg (800x800, 84.16K)

when i was like 12 i was at a summer camp and got to operate a flying hog console, and i fell in love with concert lighting. didn't go down that career path though.

Maybe if you're playing Guitar Hero, Osu! or DJMax

Mirrors are a very light load for the motors and movement range is also small because picture gets "magnified" with distance.

Only on casual modes. Playing osu with any effects is very distracting when you're playing higher difficulties. That's why all top players use very minimal skins.
youtube.com/watch?v=aUEftGVcm0U
youtube.com/watch?v=602IcfqT5Fw

Playing at home.
Maybe I'll make my first show in october, in a venue that have some light but no light guy, they leave everything on full auto and it's a fucking mess

Attached: VID_20210916_203943.webm (720x1280, 1.39M)

When I was like 10 and in my early teens I was so into this shit. I got into DMX, I got my own smoke machine on Christmas sometime ago, got a snow machine at sale. Had a DMX Scanner from some company I can't remember. I always swore by Chauvet.

All of it was probably due to my Autism.

i guess the motors are some kind of galvanometer since they need to move with great precision and speed

>Is anyone else on Any Forums interested in lighting, or just me?
Yeah I'm into photography. It's almost magic how well lighting can make or break a capture. Any camera can take exquisite images given good lighting.
I'm also growing increasingly interested in lighting choices in my living areas. I used to like cold sterile blue white but now I've grown beyond warm white, my smart bulbs are usually set to orange as it's not really orange per se just very warm. I'm going to rig up some less to simulate sun rise and sun set, I might do that today I think I have all the parts, not sure if I have enough mounting hardware tho

I envy people who got a great passion for niche things. Congrats OP. I hope one day I'll find my obsession as well.

they're galvo yes,
But I just discovered the existence of pic related, I wonder how well they work
scannermax.com/pages/resonant-scanners

Attached: resonant-scanners-page.jpg (1024x768, 91.98K)