Linux Question

Is there a way to run windows 7 through linux but give windows 7 all my machine's graphics/processing power while giving the bare minimum to linux? I want to still use windows 7 to run vr games with my old headset, but linux honestly feels so clean and nice and I can't run windows 7 on the intel cpu since it isn't supported. Am I fucked and have to just use different hardware or is there a work around?

>inb4 vr is dead ur a shill
It isn't and idc I live in a rural hellhole on a farm miles away from civilization, I want an escape while I get my degree to leave this place, vr gives me the illusion of company better than a screen can

>inb4 just buy the index
I'm not spending 1k on a headset, I just scrapped together the money to replace my burnt out cpu and a compatible motherboard

Attached: E-zzpOSWUAQ6Enw.jpg (1317x1067, 96.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

looking-glass.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah that's what I did until I stated streaming and just said fuckit and went all windows

That was on haswell though so perfectly supported

i want to fuck this fox like you wouldn't believe

Attached: 1619631359197.png (1290x1190, 242.04K)

Easiest way is using 2 GPU's. One low power (maybe integrated graphics) for host Ganoo+/Linux and one high power for VR Windows.

Then use Looking Glass
looking-glass.io/

>Is there a way to run windows 7 through linux but give windows 7 all my machine's graphics/processing power while giving the bare minimum to linux? I want to still use windows 7 to run vr games with my old headset, but linux honestly feels so clean and nice and I can't run windows 7 on the intel cpu since it isn't supported. Am I fucked and have to just use different hardware or is there a work around?
why windows 7? i'm assuming that given the fact that your first thought was to come and ask Any Forums what to do, a PCI passthrough is probably beyond your grasp. and even if you could manage that with windows 7 i can't imagine the nightmare it would be to administer. why not just windows 10? sounds like you're trying to reach around your elbow to get to your asshole

Will this work on CPUs that don't support windows 7? I can probably get a low power gpu real easy. I'd run windows 10 but I don't trust I can stop majority of the tracking on it even running off a VM or some work around. Windows 7 pre 2016 seemed pretty ok once you removed some stuff.

The fox represents linux users well
>furry
>tranny/gay
>racist

Attached: linux.png (278x248, 106.24K)

>new cpus don't support windows 7
lmao

>why not just run windows 10
>can't uninstall edge
>can't uninstall weather app only disable
>pain in the ass to block every way microsoft tries to update your system
>can't delete majority of the files with administrator privileges
>can't disable windows 10 from logging every file you open and at what time stored for the past 30 days, only disable it from being displayed
>difficult to uninstall cortana completely
Atleast with windows 7 I could avoid some updates, block out some things in the firewall, and uninstall or edit some files and have it be fine, I'm sure they still track you there too but its the difference between shitting in a public stall with a 1" gap on the door and shitting in a glass box. Idk about you but I find it hard to piss at urinals when theres people around.

Also, is touching your elbow to your ass hard? Its a bit awkward sure but you just gotta bend your back a bit. I'm new to a lot of this stuff and autistic, but I'm not entirely retarded.

They literally don't, I didn't even realize that was a thing but intel literally barrs you from using older operating systems, trying to install windows 7 just crashes on the boot menu. If theres a work around to get win 7 to work on 12th gen cpus or I'm being retarded up for hearing what I'm doing wrong. I was wondering why new cpus were half the price of my old one but I guess its because they tossed out compatibility.

Are u a cute transgirl?

Yes.

Attached: linux2.png (447x524, 274.98K)

gee, thanks intel, they sure solved that "security threat"
and here I thought x86 was supposed to be THE backwards comparability architecture

yes but you posted tranny flag so kill yourself

Seems like 5-7th gen is the last gen you could run windows 7 on.
How come everyone tells you to "just upgrade to windows 10, theres security features!!!11!1" I don't remember this happening for people running XP, usually a simple ad blocker and common sense stops majority of issues you can have.

I had to resort to asking Any Forums for help cuz every search result on google just gives "You shoud just upgrade to windows 10 anyway" "why you should upgrade to windows 10" "You're putting your life at risk using windows 7"

Attached: retarded.png (693x113, 31.94K)

The tinkering you'll have to go through is incredibly more complex than just getting a compatible CPU
(how the fuck is your CPU not supported???)
You can also try installing other windows versions like a normal human being or installing linux and just living with that. VR is notoriously weird under linux but i figure it will work more often that not.

Escapism isn't a good thing and as long as you'll lie to yourself and not make your financial situation better, there is a lot of trouble for you down the road. My personal advice is to get a job or pursue education.

Very good post user, OP you should try this if you're a little more advanced of a user.

>The fox represents linux users well
Retarded take but ok

Tits or GTFO

I'm glad I never upgraded anything since 2014

>I want an escape while I get my degree
Learn to read, I need to emulate social contact while I finish education
Im honestly debating going back to a 5th gen, but I already got a new motherboard and cpu as a gift

>Escapism isn't a good thing
>proceeds to give his escapist fantasy of accruing more capital as an alternative
there is literally nothing wrong with escapism, the people parroting that point that >le escapism... BAD! are just pissy that their framework of what they view as good escapism is slowly shifting out of the overton window letting other models of escapism in
escapism as a whole is the spirit behind innovation and the pursuit of a higher cause itself because without having an idea of what to escape to you are completely and totally aimless in all actions

>emulate social contact
Exactly my point. You should go outside.
VR and short-term gratification will only get you so far.

Just install windows 10 LTSC IoT and let's get this over with.

you have no inner monologue

A little escape now and then is healthy, imagination is part of human biology. But too much of it makes you retarded.
You underestimate how disconnected an otherwise functioning person can become from reality. Hell, this site is full of proof of that.