I am just trying to get off the vscode cause I want all my workflow on the terminal, do you guys think it is worth it?

I am just trying to get off the vscode cause I want all my workflow on the terminal, do you guys think it is worth it?

Attached: tuxvim.jpg (330x200, 13.82K)

no

>I want all my workflow on the terminal
Why?

actually makes sense.
didnt it ever bother you to switch from keyboard to mouse when working?
i know it bothers me.
but then i remember that i would have to script vim for macros or even to have syntax highlight and then using a mouse suddenly becomes a breeze again
but then im lazy. and ive had quite a few people in my surroundings who have made the jump

finish undergrad and get a job and you'll start to understand why this comes across so retarded

You don't need to do everything in a terminal to avoid the mouse, tard. Use Emacs if you want that.

try Vim for a week and see how you do. you need to be patient and invest enough time. otherwise use a preconfigured Neovim and experience what endgame Vim can become.

you mean, working with a mouse, or using vim exclusively?
im all ears, i actually dropped out
and im an old dinosaur so no enterprise experience for me in the cards

>cause I want all my workflow on the terminal,

typical delusional linux poster

why spend time and effort downgrading your tools?
spend that time learning something useful instead

Try Acme

Attached: Acme.png (1130x930, 55.25K)

Yes, use neovim and get the vscode theme and code-completion plugins and nerdtree.

typical dunning-kruger afflicted mac user who is too small-brained to understand the power of the commandline and the file descriptor paradigm

why would you want your workflows in a gui? that's just stupid and pointless and BLOAT

>nerdtree
i never understood why one would need that

>not choosing to use the same retarded, gimped workflow that i use means you don't understand something
what a retarded cope. as it has been said, take this workflow to any sort of professional software development context and you'll get laughed out the room and down the hallway. NGMI

If you're navigating a project folder with multiple source files its nice. most editors including vs code have similar functionality

dumb zoomer I'm enjoying my 22nd year in tech, you don't know what you're talking about

neovim can be turned into a niggerriged version of vscode easier than vim due to built in lsp and lua api, then you can autistically use it in autistic tmux manager terminals along your other autistic dotfiles. is it truly worth it - don't know.

>dumb zoomer I'm enjoying my 22nd year in tech, you don't know what you're talking about
and you're still fumbling with figuring out vim?

i'm not op retard, there's 14 people posting in this thread.

>i'm not op retard
you're still trying to justify an exclusively terminal/vim workflow. the pinnacle of clueless undergraduate students, and 'self taught' Any Forums tards. congrats on your 22 years of LARPing experience nutsack.

>this level of cope from an ungifted zoomer
it must be hard for you. I'm sorry user. Maybe try landscaping instead, a shovel seems more your speed. lamer.