You literally can't disable ipv6 in linux with glibc

you literally can't disable ipv6 in linux with glibc
ipv6.disable=1 in kernel command line doesn't stop shit, AAAA queries are still being made

Attached: 1654120079564.jpg (512x512, 50.11K)

Windows does not have this problem

AAAA DNS queries work over ipv4. And so do A record queries over ipv6

Sorry but I use macOS.

>explicitly state to disable ipv6 functionality
>part of that functionality (queries for ipv6 addresses) are still made
what did gnu mean by this?

Fun Fact: Microsoft actually doesn't support setups with IPv6 disabled. It isn't part of their testing.

So sorry boomer, you had like 20 years to spend the one or two hours of reading to learn IPv6. It's about time.

OP is setting Linux kernel parameters, not glibc parameters. You know GNU/Linux isn't just a meme, right?

It's not ipv6 functionality. It's dns functionality, and dns works just fine on top of ipv4. You don't understand what you're talking about

This

>OP is setting Linux kernel parameters, not glibc parameters. You know GNU/Linux isn't just a meme, right?
Also this. This thread again shows the competence of the average Any Forumstard

why the fuck would you think trying to kernel disable v6 support is a good idea? just don't assign an ipv6 address to your ifaces?? better yet, DO assign v6 addresses to them and use them.. its the future

willing to bet you couldn't make one reasonable, non schizo argument AGAINST ipv6. go right ahead animeposter, i'm waiting.

This, and I am an anime/loli coooooooooomer

>he dont use IPv5
ngmi

Attached: 1657465271803.png (429x270, 147.11K)

no readily available commercial or free implementation. besides it's not like you do either. regardless, not an argument against ipv6.

it takes long to complete those queries on my network

>it takes long to complete those queries on my network
sounds like a you kind of problem

maybe, therefore I am seeking a solution that would put a stop to an unwanted behaviour for I am using a free OS that shall permit me to do whatever I please since doing the opposite would stand in direct contradiction with free and open software principles, the GNU organization, creators of glibc and related dns resolver, is so proud to abide
unfortunately, the GNUGGERS deleted the RES_USE_INET6 define and I can't even hack an option for disabling it from their retarded piece of shit software

change resolv.conf to point the dns queries to a server like unbound hosted on your machine, and configure unbound to block aaaa queries or someshit

that's like shooting yourself with a gun but wearing a bulletproof vest instead of unloading the gun

and you're the schizo refusing to use ipv4, whats your point?

it doesn't work with my ISP you nigger

Then switch ISP