Remember when people were freaking out that 3D printers should be banned because anyone would be able to make...

Remember when people were freaking out that 3D printers should be banned because anyone would be able to make untraceable guns with it.
What happened to that?

Attached: 3D_printer.jpg (360x460, 19.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dBJUifMtTA&t=937s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

funs made with printers break too easy

it remained as slow and expensive way to fabricate firearms

Attached: 39fc2d4c5a3c3d1b2b92e3dc17ff7e42.jpg (1920x1080, 241.28K)

You think time and money is problem for gangsters and psychopaths?

It turns out you can just make guns out of metal.

it was mainly americans, which is hilarious really.

Attached: why yes, i am an american.png (1979x1105, 2.69M)

You still can. It requires some special materials I guess, like very durable plastic since it's going under a lot of stresses in a gun. And mainly it's used to make pistol frames and AR lowers you can't print a barrel or bolt. It's a quirk of American law that only the receiver is considered a gun and the rest of the parts are unregulated (the ATF is trying to change that but they lack the statutory authority to change the definitions, they just stretch them really far).

Idk I can pass a background check and live in an unrestrictive state so I just order the regulated stuff to my local gun shop and go pick it up.

you can make it easier and faster with some steel, pipes and some welding
and this thing wont blow up after 5 shots

The only people who wanted to print guns are the ones who already owned guns.

youtube.com/watch?v=_dBJUifMtTA&t=937s
okay

this was written by a tranny

this was writen by a based person

Anyone who was curious bought a 3d printer, successfully printed like 2 useless things after fucking up the first few times, then let it collect dust after realizing that it's a lot of maintenance and hassle over the rare occasion that they might actually print something useful.

They seem mildly retarded to me. It would be faster, cheaper, and more practical to acquire a real gun.

>print something useful.
this was never the goal

Turns out bicycle suppliers are far more ubiquitous

There is a workshop that prints metal using a 3d printer, not the one like this pic, it's really exist, and I ordered some core components of weapon in that shop, the rest are like gun casings I made myself with a prusa i3

>prints metal using a 3d printer
Sounds like a meme. People have been molding metal into whatever shape they want for generations before 3d printers existed.

>What happened to that?
Turns out older metal work methods are still better for making most of the guns and printer is only good making small parts for guns (such as the grips or the stock) rather than most or the whole thing.
Consensus is getting odd parts from Ali Express, salvaging odd parts from airsoft guns and 3D printing is the better way overall if you insist on that path (not recommended).

Personally I am happy with making my own Crazy bones and making odd parts for bicycles and scooters.

Attached: crazy bones.jpg (1599x1286, 430.89K)

Pointless without ammo

It turns out that literally no one was interested in 3D printing guns to go on mass shootings. It was just libcuck propaganda