Does a cross-platform editor exist with a tree view on the left and a plaintext editor on the right?

Does a cross-platform editor exist with a tree view on the left and a plaintext editor on the right?
I don't need more

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 12.08.45.png (606x409, 24.28K)

Vim with extensions (I think its called nerdtree)

I always find those vim extensions super clunky to use, I'm looking for something GUI based

literally vscode

Attached: file.png (1169x724, 86.43K)

Try VSCode.

I should have specified no electronshit
I'm literally just looking for the equivalent of Notepad or TextEdit but with a file tree on the side

Sublime text should do for you :^}

LunarVim

Stupid cunt

Kate

Attached: kate.png (1011x511, 56.9K)

Yeah, pretty much. /thread

CudaText then

Kate?
works on windows, linux and macos

Attached: file.png (1029x668, 65.05K)

try lite-xl its super small and has good enough feature like ctrl-p and project search you can also ignore directories from project search and ctrl p, its not even 10 mb and looks really great out of the box

Emacs. You're welcome.

unironically soiblime text 3

You don't even need extensions, just type :Lex.

This is really great, I just installed it and it feels faster than even sublime text, and miles ahead of VS code
Haven't seen new software this high quality in a while
Thanks for the recommendation

Attached: lite-xl.png (1853x1053, 491.06K)

Cool thanks

vim, you can use netrw as a tree viewer.

Attached: neovim+netrw.png (2050x1170, 405.92K)

my reaction was also like that also when it comes to some new programming languages they probably don't have good enough plugins on vscode beyond syntax high lighting so its kind of silly to use that resource hog when it doesn't even do anything special, so i use this for things like zig. al though zig has gotten a language server now.

Emacs