Things made in Rust

Things made in Rust
>shitty cli commands, nothing really

Things made in Zig
>A mother fucking javascript engine faster than rust that can use typescript, jsx, and more and use the node.js api and roughly 90% of it's libraries/NPMs despite only being in the beta version WHILE being like 40 times faster than node

Feels good to be on the winning team my Ziggas. Rustrannies eternally BTFO!

Attached: file.png (380x133, 7.7K)

Things really made in Rust:
>Deno (a motherfucking javascript engine)
>Firecracker (the VM that powers AWS lambda functions)
>Bottlerocket (the an amazon developed OS for running K8s workloads)
Probably other stuff too. Never looked at Zig, shill me on it.

>rustlets are proud of deno

Attached: file.png (432x498, 22.11K)

>make a wrapper around JavaScriptCore
>call it a new engine
Sure thing bub
How is the memory safety looking?

Attached: file.png (713x648, 97.46K)

I'm sorry, where's YOUR javascript server built from JavaScriptCore if it's so easy? Oh, you don't have one? Oh, no one else has one? Oh looks like you're a faggot?

>they just started implementing the node-API (napi) in May 5th
>2 months and 5 days later they already have 90% of it implemented

Jesus this guy doesn't sleep

Deno is not a JS engine, it uses chromium's V8 JavaScript engine.

Yeah it actually is impressive, I was just matching the tone of the OP. I wish it the best.

Bun uses Safari's JavaScript engine.

>Things made in Zig
>A javascript engine so that you don't need to write zig
Is this something to be proud about?

Deno:
>rust
>v8

Node:
>C++
>v8

Bun:
>Zig
>javascriptcore

Extremely proud of. Once they finish implementing all of the NodeAPI shit, every single package on NPM will work on Bun.

NPM is the largest backend library in the world. Basically imagine Node.js where the language is easy and you can write entire fullstacks in one language (or multiple since JSX and Typescript works in Bun by default), but faster than Rust.

That's insane.

Your actual JavaScript code isn't going to run any faster, Bun just streamlines the junk around it. Unless I'm very mistaken about what Bun does.

Operations per second here picrel is queries

Attached: file.png (440x516, 21.65K)

That's in the category "junk around it", it just has better bindings to this C library.
Pure JavaScript shouldn't be any better.

and lastly here's server-side rendering.

Although this comparison isn't as fair because node's creator pretty much just said use node for API's and socket shit and if you want to serve stuff out or render just use NGINX. But here's the comparison anyways.

Attached: file.png (444x506, 22.33K)

It uses the JSC core engine instead of V8 which is faster.

Deno for example is made with the v8 and Rust and it performs slower in the tests than even Node which is c++ and the same engine, v8

>omg instead of running javascript code I will be running exactly the code that does exactly the same so exciting
It sounds like all these python reimplementations that are a thousand times faster than cpython. Did being much faster made them less of a niche? Nope it did not.
This is going to be much less relevant than what you think. Node is the center of attention and what defines what node is and it's fast enough for most people.
Social factors matter more than technical details. People are not going to massively use bun, they are going to keep using standard node.

Do you have browser benchmarks that show JSC being faster than V8? I bet none of this comes down to JS execution speed, just to architectural changes like implementing fewer parts in JS and more efficient data bridging.
And that's great, these numbers are nothing to sneeze at, but it isn't going to speed up your own code, just the other code around it.

Except it doesn't work and is riddled with bugs and segfaults. Also no windows support. Bun is DOA.

>windows
the majority of servers are linux

why tf would I want to run javascript on a backend?