Next big thing

Next big thing

Attached: 1635303736954.png (1280x1112, 301.69K)

2 more decades

>"How sand batteries work"
>doesn't even begin to broach the subject of what a sand battery is or how it works
Kill whoever made this immediately. Dismissed.

>BREAKING NEWS
>3 workers melted by super hot sand as sand battery bursts during routine maintenance

They store energy as heat. Sand is very good at storing heat

yeah, it's not like lithium can spontaneously combust

Thats as imbecilic and intentionally vague as humanly possible. You make an info graphic about some new technology, alleging to detail its function, and then make no attempt to actually educate anyone about it. Its a crime.
Me holding an axe above your head is storing my fucking anger as potential energy.

Good sand is a very limited resource that's getting rather expensive.

sand for those things presumably doesn't need to be "good". i don't think texture matters for storing heat, while it obviously does for things like making concrete.

Anybody has plans what is really inside that "sand battery"?

sand

Other technologies exist that are better such as compressed air that provide electricity and not just heating or warm water.

Why add the heat from solar if you could just spread it out and let it heat up by the sun, cover it up during the night. Actually a better solution is creating hydrogen gas from excess solar, since that's a better storage method.

elon musk invented this didn't he?

this implies that solar and wind are generating a surplus of energy

Based and Liveleakpilled.

Electricity price has been negative a couple of times in Europe during the past 2 years.

>hot water used to heat up buildings year round
So, you will get heating during summer when solar produces the most energy?
Bravo renewabletards.

yea no shit. i dare to walk on sand bare feet when it's 30c outside. especially with your neet feebly feet that never left comfiness of your basement

i thought they just use molten salt

>generate surplus power(lmao rarely ever happening)
>use said power to ????
>make giant vat of sand hot to store energy for some utterly retarded reason
>now that electricity is mostly useless thermal energy
>can be used to heat a house(very poorly) which is only useful for part of the year
>can't be readily converted back to electricity the form of energy everyone actually wants)