Red pill me on Java Any Forums

For once, I ask you to stop being a redact and red pill me on Java.

I have had enough of commuting and want to work from home like you fags so I am goinng to learn programming and get into tech.

I decided to learn Java cause it is quite popular here in Germany

Attached: java-logo-vert-blk.png (500x500, 14.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.blog/2017/09/26/software-developers-use-germany/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want a boring job where you spend your life making small adjustments to web applications, java can get you there.

I just want to get into industry as fast as possible
stackoverflow.blog/2017/09/26/software-developers-use-germany/

Are you a Germ? If you're a Germ why don't you just learn C#? You can't tell me there aren't thousands upon thousands of C# jobs in germanistan, i know there are.
You'd save yourself a lot of neurons, prevent hair loss and live a healthier life.

Attached: 1657399026804.png (2000x2424, 1.16M)

> creates a shilling thread
> thinks no one will notice the replies/posts ratio
> cries when people mention c#
after you're done drying your tears, go seek help

Yes, I am in Germanistan Herr user. My fag friend working in tech told me Java is quite popular here in Germanistan, so I connected the dots.

>Yes, I am in Germanistan Herr user. My fag friend working in tech told me Java is quite popular here in Germanistan, so I connected the dots.
Better go with C# its the longterm play here

OP, it's like this.
All jobs are shit, the sooner you learn this the better.
So what you want is a job that won't drain your soul but leave you enough energy to have some fun after work. So you want an "easy" job.
Java is a very clear language, with a very good and stable environment (maven mostly), and excellent IDEs (because it's statically typed and stays away from shit that causes trouble to IDEs).
So if you want to be happy, Java is a great choice.
What you should really be afraid of is C++ and Python because those two are deceptive, their job market is very fragmented unlike Java where it's all webdev.
Javascript is ok too but it's dynamic so it's harder to work with in large projects (so all projects)

what reply ratio, retard, there's like 5 replies in the thread

>der ewige deutche C# anreißer

Lol, this thread is basically the german shill talking to himself. How pathetic.

Here's the list of the 6 most used programming languages in germany according to PYPL. Honestly, anyone of the first 5 should get you a job. It's not about the programming language itself, it's about what you create with it.
I don't like Java and i don't think there are many people out there who can say they like to write code in Java. I'd shill you Kotlin but it's really not there yet. Very few people use it for now. Thus why i adviced you to learn C#. It's less cumbersome and annoying to write software in the language and it's beginner friendly too. I'd say learn it and learn JS along with it because even if your main language is Java or C#, JS became a mandatory skill these days. If you go the .NET route, learn C#/.NET and learn React, and if you're of the curious kind, you will also learn a little bit of Python data processing and analysis with Numpy or Pandas. With a project in each of these, you are guaranteed to have a job unless there's an economic depression in Krautland by the time you hit the job market.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-10 10-43-04.png (433x306, 25.37K)

that's a stupid reason, the language you start on doesn't matter much
just choose one that feels comfy to you
especially since java is the lingua franca for vocational education because of OOP hype and marketing so it's not something that will set you apart from other applicants
prior experience in C++ or even Rust or Go would probably be much more useful on the job market
but like i said, i wouldn't worry about it, you don't really need PL experience for a junior position if you can prove you understand the underlying concepts

>learn C#. It's less cumbersome and annoying to write software in
but it is more cumbersome than Java by a lot
For IDEs, to run Eclipse you download a package, unzip and it just works
For C# you have to infect your PC with microsoft aids that you will never be able to uninstall
And C# has 10 million oudated bloat features that nobody uses like coroutines and ambiguous operators. Or those silly "in-code" compiler directives for the annotations.
Not to mention the 10 billion deprecated APIs that microsoft just abandoned and removed from newer versions because lol new windows learn new framework now. By comparison Java only did that once, by dropping JavaFX which nobody used anyway.

>prior experience in C++ or even Rust or Go would probably be much more useful on the job market
you're an idiot

Attached: full_us_2022.jpg (1135x460, 84.81K)

>German C# shill talking to himself again

Attached: 1joc8h.jpg (250x203, 8.46K)

he specifically asked about germany

>that same screencap with that same filename that shows on every java shilling thread
a little bit of effort to hide your tracks would be appreciated shill

>the same facts, written the same way show up in every debate against me to disprove me
>obviously I must be correct

What do people even do with Java?
Desktop seems to be dead(sadly I love writing desktop applications).
Android apps have been taken over by Kotlin.
Do people only write servlets or something?

>Better go with C# its the longterm play here
One of many languages that were supposed to kill Java, only C# has been trying to do so for 20 years now and never came even close. Once Loom is out (next JDK), most people who left will go back because of how fucking retard proof it will be to write async code. It took time but they literally nailed it with loom.

Why do you ask Any Forumstards?

Just do it.

JVM is decent, if you start hating Java, you can always move to other JVM-based language like Scala, Kawa, Closure, etc.

Attached: 1656987814627.jpg (271x300, 27.86K)

It depends on what OP wants. In Germany, Java is mostly for mobilefags. You showed LinkedIN results for the US. In Germany, while Java has more results (because of mobile dev), there are more job offers for ASP.NET rather than Spring.
It all boils down to what OP wants to do. Webdev and backends or Mobiledev.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-SytTvSgENrGMlx.png (550x346, 36.07K)

>What do people even do with Java?
Mostly android dev. Yeah Kotlin is taking over, but it's only like 1% or less of mobile apps in the JVM. Java still rules the android realm.

>what is Java EE
German Microshill proving how clueless he is, once again.
Wrong. It's mostly backend and management software and no, most of it isn't written in Spring.

It's the main language for anything that runs server side.
Web services, scheduled jobs, web applications.
Mostly big tech and enterprise applications.
No one really writes desktop applications in java anymore no.

>there are more job offers for ASP.NET rather than Spring
>compares the de facto only way to write Microsoft backends to one of many ways to write Java software.
Versatile and independent ecosystem confuse Microshills

I don't know what to tell you, OP.

Ever programmer with a little bit of self respect avoids Java like the plague.

What you are saying is:
"Redpill me on sucking dicks, because I need money and haveno self respect, but no bully please! :("

> shame javashill for always posting the same screencap
> claims that it's because it's always true
> proves wrong
> deflects
why are they always like that? (i'm not german btw)

>Any Forums's #1 C# shill is actually German
I thought people were just making it up kek

I am not a friend of C#, but at least you have sane syntax and gimmicks like LINQ.

Java is just plain ugly and owned by Oracle, so there is that..

>>compares the de facto only way to write Microsoft backends to one of many ways to write Java software.
Spring is the de facto way to write backends in Java. If you don't believe me, go search for job offers for other backend frameworks in Java for Germany, like Quarkus. The best ones have 300 job offers at best. Every Java dev knows that. Spring rules.

except this isn't true
the people that think Java is bad are college kids parroting what their dinosaur professor says. Ignorant of the fact that their professor's only experience with Java was one time in 1996 when computers were slow

>Spring is the de facto way to write backends in Java.
No it is not, especially not in enterprise environments. Do you even know what Java EE is? Have you ever even worked in a Java environment or are you just spouting shit you read online?

linq is strictly inferior to java streams
it's a fucking SQL library ffs

>Java vs. C# web frameworks

Wow, it's like two dogs arguing which turd stinks less.

>go search for job offers for other backend frameworks in Java for Germany, like Quarkus.
You are fucking retarded. Let me guess. You searched for frameworks you found on Techempower, didn't you?

Yes it is. As you can see Java EE only has 1/6th of the job offers of Spring, which itself barely has 1/4 of the job offers for ASP.NET in Germany.
Almost every company who uses Java for backends uses Spring.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-10 11-27-57.png (550x173, 17.75K)

>As you can see Java EE only has 1/6th of the job offers of Spring
You don't understand what Java EE actually means, don't you? Just admit it.