Excuse my caveman retardation...

Excuse my caveman retardation, but is it a good idea to buy some Raspberry Pi computer to save important files on for safety reasons? I don't think it can be hacked (if it hasn't been connected to internet or attacked physically), can it?

And to use it for writing documents that should be protected from hacking?
Just having a computer that will never be connected to the internet.

The idea of an Amish computer is also nice (does anyone know a website that sells them?), I just think that Raspberry is cheaper and also already have some eperience with.

Attached: image.jpg (1736x1120, 272.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cloud-Home-Personal-Storage-WDBVXC0030HWT-NESN/dp/B076D1YV7T/ref=sr_1_53?crid=2JZRD49DESVSU&keywords=Cheap nas&qid=1657432542&sprefix=cheap nas,aps,378&sr=8-53
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you can use any airtight computer for that

It has an irremovable onboard WiFi card and therefore cannot be trusted for any airgapped network and should be treated like a toy

Yes but there are older versions that do not and would work perfect for what OP needs

>you can use any airtight computer for that
How do I keep the temps down?
Do I have to use water-cooling at that point?

>will buy an inferior product for higher price
how about just buy some pentium and shove it in a box somewhere?

just get a nas if you have money for a raspberry 4
amazon.com/Cloud-Home-Personal-Storage-WDBVXC0030HWT-NESN/dp/B076D1YV7T/ref=sr_1_53?crid=2JZRD49DESVSU&keywords=Cheap nas&qid=1657432542&sprefix=cheap nas,aps,378&sr=8-53

> I don't think it can be hacked (if it hasn't been connected to internet or attacked physically), can it?
physically? yes. you could just dump the flash storage with a specialized chip reader, but if the operating system has encrypted partitions then there's no chance of unlocking it without the keys, much like any modern linux based operating system offers in current year.
>How do I keep the temps down?
>Do I have to use water-cooling at that point?
some of these systems don't consume that much power at all to get that hot. you can get tiny computers that only consume a few watts. you're not needing something that powerful for what you want to achieve. you just need to secure it.

a pentium box costs the same as a raspberry pi original version

and is more useful

I just got a Celeron with 8gb of ram that uses less than 5 watts for 35 bucks

>quads
but you could pay just twice more and forever be stuck with 4GB of RAM on a modern shitpi though

Thx guys

1. Fuck Amazon
2. Everything after the last "/" is tracking bullshit, and you're a nigger for pasting that homosexual garbage.
3. ywnbaw, kys.

Attached: good job.jpg (500x581, 34.14K)

I'm a tranny cause I posted an Amazon link?

which computa?

>Tranny is when amazon link
do ni/g/gers really

They're way too expensive now. Other than that, they make pretty good backup machines, yes.

he's talking about all the tracker shit after "dp/B076D1YV7T/" in the url

you can remove the tracking bs with addons. they work really well too.

No. MicroSD cards are notoriously unreliable and will die randomly

just buy a laptop from 2008