Soon

Attached: GYVDGJ.jpg (1200x675, 190.85K)

Attached: tumblr_9c05b5bd2827b17092245f05dbcb979b_0bcbce62_1280.jpg (720x683, 26.19K)

how soon?

500 years soon.

Another testament to man's vanity

pretty much every great discovery was the result of someone exercising their ego.
Remember that prior to Columbus, everyone thought you would fall off the planet if you sailed far enough west, until someone with a lot of money and pride decided he'd prove everyone else wrong anyways.

If anything, doing what you think sounds pragmatic is actually just short sighted and cowardly. Society needs risk takers.

Oh right the great discoveries
Carry on then

What's the point of being excited if we're all going to stay inside our Mars cubicle shitposting 24/7 like we do already

sorry chuds

Attached: 1640849730144.jpg (1280x720, 178.57K)

>can't build this on earth with all materials and infrastructure available
>will build this on mars

Attached: .jpg (800x450, 43.29K)

this lmao, even if it does happen, it will waste so much of earths ressources just to hold like 15 people.

Y-You've never seen a subdivision? The domes are there...I'll let you figure out why the domes are there.

I've never seen a geodesic dome that was airtight.
which, you know, is kind of a big deal when there's no atmosphere

So that we can create a segregation between Earth users and Mars users and further promote clan based supremacy.
Imagine the first internet access that connects Mars and Earth. It will be insanely high latency, spotty, and constantly disconnect. At best, it'll connect occasionally and you'll see Any Forums light up with Mars colony flags when it does. Mars shitposters will eclipse Australian shitposters in an almost mystical sense.

I don't get that obsession with colonizing Mars. Waste so many resources and risk a lot of people just to live on a fucking desert rock. I totally get building a science station where people will go on shifts, but not a colony. We should focus more on finding an Earth-like planet.

>shifts
some people left the earth for moon to never return, goodluck working 3+ year shifts on mars lmao

>Remember that prior to Columbus, everyone thought you would fall off
Patently false. Most people thought the world was spherical and nothing remained but ocean past that point.

>one of the guys who figured out that the world was spherical got burned on the stake
>most people knew this though

>Remember that prior to Columbus, everyone thought you would fall off the planet if you sailed far enough west

Attached: Screenshot_20220709-165336.png (1080x2400, 642.74K)

>Sector Scanned
>12 metal and fuck all
It's probably easier in low pressure environments since the interior pressure can support the structure.

Now imagine living there for the rest of your life. You will be all depressed and want to fucking kill yourself everyday.