All of this ram for 5 tabs

>all of this ram for 5 tabs
why is chromium like this ?

Attached: ahhhh.png (795x256, 29.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hacks.mozilla.org/2021/05/introducing-firefox-new-site-isolation-security-architecture/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A lot of JavaScript.

>5 tabs
>43 processes
nice websites retard

edgetards btfo

>why is chromium like this ?
to give you a smooth experience. if your computer was worse it would need less

number of "tabs" is irrelevant. Probably at least one of those has a buffering video or huge jpeg and that's what is eating your RAM.

I have 21 tabs open, yet I only have (19), and less ram usage. You might want to check your extensions. Check your browser's task manager with shift + esc.

why are all mainstream browsers like this?
fucking hell, soaking up so more and more memory by the year

have to use some gay niche shit with no addons or compatibility if i don't want firefox ballooning up to 5 gigs

Works just fine on my machine.

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (558x31, 2.48K)

>why are all mainstream browsers like this?
Security
hacks.mozilla.org/2021/05/introducing-firefox-new-site-isolation-security-architecture/

>I didn't buy the specs I needed to do the things I want so now you have to hear about it

>UMMMM BRO IT'S CACHING...
so why's going "back" so fucking slow? in browsers it's often faster to fetch the page from network again than to load from cache. it's comical how incompetent browser authors are.

>...AND IT RELEASES THAT MEMORY WHEN IT'S NEEDED
it doesn't, or at least not fast enough to satisfy the operating system's OOM killer

>using edge
>using antimalware
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Its funny seeing someones CPU at 50 or 100% due to their browser.

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Fuck you, let me run other programs simultaneously.

Swap

lol

Isn't it good to use as much RAM as possible if it improves performance?

it often degrades performance
more cache thrashing = worse performance
more memory traffic = worse performance
swapping (which an OS like windows WILL do even if you aren't low on RAM) = extraordinarily worse performance

Swap on windows is less performant than Linux since it swaps to a pagefile on the main filesystem instead of a separate partition

>the main filesystem instead of a separate partition

what difference does that make if its on the same physical drive. Partitions are just software divisions.