Wine

Does Wine work for modern gaming or is it just a meme?

Really trying to avoid Windows

Attached: 1648630264795_0.png (800x1000, 698.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its not perfect but not a meme. Many good games work through it.

It's a meme.

It works well. Steam has it built in, and Lutris picks up most of the slack.

Meme
But proton is good

>wine
meme
>modern
meme
>gaming
meme
>meme
yes

Proton uses Wine

I look like that

>VR
>bleeding edge games on old cards
>online/competitive games (anything using anticheat)
unfortunately linux isn't there

for the vast majority of cases it works great. for example you can download any elden ring torrent, download lutris, double click ELDEN RING.exe, and play at 60FPS with controller support. no setup

That's a man

I'm a trans girl uwu

>VR
Agree, it's got a long way to go still
>bleeding edge games on old cards
You mean graphics cards? If that's it, I've run newer games on a gtx 960 for years now, if you're talking about triple A games, old cards will struggle to run those regardless of the OS
>anticheat
Also agreed, but it's improving much faster, you can give your favorite online game a try on wine/proton and there's a good chance it could work, there's always protondb to check before hand too

Gaming on linux isn't perfect by any means, but it's improving very fast. I've ditched windows a couple of months ago and have been gaming exclusively on linux, only ever ran into a few games that didn't run in the beginning, but now they work. Haven't had a game not run for a long time now

>I look like that
>I'm a trans girl uwu
You will never be a girl you ugly disgusting faggot.

Attached: 097682.jpg (899x748, 115.33K)

nakadashi honoka

that depends on the games you are trying to play. Most games run flawlessly.

Memes by ranking
1.the alt right
2.gaming on linux
3.???

trannies

Assume 90%.

It's safe to just install shit and think it'll work than assume you'll have to fix a bunch of shit.

Lutris and Proton are crutches. Learn Wine-staging and Winetricks.

I can make things run that aren't even listed anywhere on the internet as being functional just because 'tism and not relying on other tard launchers to do it.

spbp
wine is only good at legacy 16-bit support for old 2D games from late 90s. anything remotely 3D retro or modern and wine shits the pants

I've had no trouble reading my japanese picture books so far, so I'm happy.

Attached: .png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

>online/competitive games (anything using anticheat)
Stop playing games that require literal malware to play. Quake 3 runs natively on Linux and is more competitive than any zoomer trash.

Use Proton Glorious Eggroll for better Wine gaming. Is it a meme? A lot of time. Does it work? Oh yes it does. WIll you get frustrated if you don't know what you're doing? Oh yes you will.

github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/

Cute anime girl

because it's 2D. see is right