Personal Knowledge Management Software

I have been using Obsidian for about a week.
My brain is becoming more quiet every day as I'm building my note structure, I am at peace again.
My schedule is very dynamic. Fixed rigidity schedules hinder productivity, anyone who disagrees exposes themselves as an NPC.
I am concerned that the app will give me bad workflow habits in the long run.
I keep seeing in Any Forums that org-mode is better. Never had any real reason to use Emacs, but given that I barely even use VSCode(need to start learning programming again), should I invest the time to learn it and make the switch?

Attached: th multi-dimensioonal realizer.jpg (720x690, 21.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/BryanJenksTech/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

distrohopper, but for wikis instead
the best wiki is the one that you remember to write things in
other anons might like org-mode because they already use emacs; inertia. if you don't use emacs, then you won't use org-mode regularly. consider sticking with obsidian because it already seems to be working for you, and re-evaluate in a few months to a year.

>re-evaluate in a few months
You're right user, I'm already developing over-utilization addiction with the app itself.
Many thanks

will a personal wiki cure my ADHD

he is literally me

This guys note structure is insane. Learned a thing or two from him.
Unsurprisingly, he also has ADHD
youtube.com/c/BryanJenksTech/videos

Usually I don't have to make my notes very structured, I just use Standard Notes with a few tags. I can usually just search for whatever keyword I'm looking for.

Besides, I don't have that much material in my notes anyway. It's mostly things that I want to know for the medium-to-long term, like projects I've started (or done some research about, talked to people, collected some links) but haven't finished. There are no 'finished projects' in my notes, or 'reference knowledge' that I'll need to look back on eventually but which isn't linked to a particular task.

I don't even use tags. Feels like cheating. Maybe haven't found a right way to use them yet.
What I like about the app is how it helps me place links in a file, sort of like a reminder of why and how I'm keeping that note, in a nonlinear structure.
Very useful in helping me keep my files written with only substantial content.
If the information doesn't contribute to the structure, then I don't write it.
Have yet to find a better productive accountability system.

Attached: taking both pills.jpg (640x640, 57K)

The longer you watch this dude the more you realize he actually does nothing and has turned the tool into the work.
>muh dynamic zettelkasten with auto git push and anki exports with syntax highlighting and custom html templates in a maps of content pattern with non hierarchical tagging system and kindle synced annotation plugin
Jesus christ.

Yeah, but everyone thinks differently. If it helps him get work done faster without any distractions, good for him.
I personally think preexisting structures like the zettelkasten and MOC are still too rigid, but I guess some people need that.
Your system has to be as raw as possible.

what do you mean 'raw'

Attached: raw-chicken.jpg (1600x900, 148.94K)

the raindrop "reference library" suggestion is interesting
i've had too many misadventures chasing down a bug only to have to dig through browser history three weeks later to find which stackoverflow page actually helped
everything else seems waaaay over-engineered but i'm happy for him that he has a system that works (hopefully)

It can help you can write down in your notes about the downsides of cooming, and reinforce link ideas such as why you keep behaving like an incel.

Attached: The ohio plan.jpg (880x480, 66.14K)

I don't know man, the sheer complexity of the structure he has created gives the illusion of accomplishment but there's nothing really there. Let's be real for a second, how many systems and subsystems do you need to take a note, not even med students need a fraction of that.

the information they learn is general

but, med students still need to take notes about individual patients and what will/wont work for them. thats why you have medical records.

fucking owned retard learn how to make an analogy

I will be adding this interaction to my zettelkasten for future reference.

Attached: 1641640438542.jpg (1106x1012, 80.24K)

kek

I use obsidian but dont use the notelinking features. The in-page viewable markdown syntax and centered dark mode is good enough for me. saw some vids how linking works. do any of you anons use the graph feature? hwo is it useful?

>how many systems and subsystems do you need to take a note
Just one.
Like i said, don't overcomplicate it.
One has to really analyze how they make decisions and execute them properly, to find the right balance.
my sides

Attached: carljungquote.jpg (720x396, 34.85K)

is it retarded to just make everything a txt file
i find it easier to just start writing anything in my usual text editor but everyone else seems to use all these other dedicated programs and i am not sure which is the correct way to go about things

someone did some LSD