/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Miku Edition

Users of all levels are welcome.
Share Windows tools, utilities, tips & tricks.
Reminder: Notice the friendly - please be civil.

>Installation for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>Where do I get Office?
>Can I change edition post-install?
Read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.
>Should I debloat?
Only if you understand everything that you're going to be intentionally breaking.
If something doesn't work later, you probably broke it with some debloat memescript.
>How do I activate Windows?
github.com/luzeadev/winactivate
HWID mimics OEM activation to generate a permanent legitimate license.
(Does not work on VL editions, avoid VL editions unless you enjoy having to deal with KMS breaking and Windows unactivating)
>How do I activate Office?
rentry.org/fwt#kms_vl_all-by-abbodi1406
Installs a tiny KMS server emulator on your PC for activation. Not ideal as it trips AV sometimes and deactivates, but it's the only choice for Office. Alternatively, try Open/Libre Office and set it to save as Office file formats only.

>>Which version should I get?
>Home/Pro
Comes preinstalled with bloatware apps like games, music, news, weather, etc.
>Education/Workstation/Enterprise
Comes with basic system apps.
>LTSC/IoT LTSC
Comes with Win32 system apps, no MS Store.
Search LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore if you need it.
There are no compatibility differences between versions, all programs will work on all versions of Windows.

>LTSC or IoT LTSC?
LTSC meant for corporate PCs with 5 years security updates (KMS only).
IoT LTSC meant for retail/medical/etc PCs with 10 years security updates (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/WS/Ent editions are all EoL in 10/2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>Is Windows 11 good?
>Should I upgrade?
Not yet.

>B-b-b-but muh Windows 7!
OpenShell or StartIsBack

Previous thread:

Attached: 1642018213467.jpg (1920x1080, 283.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kkkgo/LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore
reddit.com/r/Windows10LTSC/comments/s88jre/guide_activateinstall_windows_store_without_an/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does windows support btrfs for root filesystem?

>Miku Edition
Err

it's pink miku

Not really. You can clone an install onto a betarfs, use Freeloader to start it up, but shit gets weird real quick, like when you force-install Vista or later onto FAT32.

there's already a pink miku

Attached: download (16).jpg (271x186, 12.38K)

it's anime miku

>miku for ants

nakadashi pink miku

>no MS Store
>Search LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore if you need it.
I search and it doesn't say what specific packages you need to have MS Store working. Does anyone have a list?

github.com/kkkgo/LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore

Yeah, I know, but it doesn't run without specific MS Store related packages like Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin and such. I want to know what packages exactly do I need to have it running

Can I upgrade from Education to LTSC without having to format my data and shit?

Attached: 1657424237165.png (720x672, 400.93K)

reddit.com/r/Windows10LTSC/comments/s88jre/guide_activateinstall_windows_store_without_an/

Checked
But as I would assume, this won't work without specific package that provides said "wsreset". And I can't seem to find what that package or set of packages is

Attached: bruh.png (953x442, 69.87K)

i found out about MAS and used it, am i in danger?

works on my machine

Of course it does, you have the necessary packages and I don't. I can get them too but I would have to know what they are

sounds like you're clinically retarded

works on my freshly installed iot ltsc
lying is a sin

Attached: 1644298814459.webm (1021x762, 2.83M)

I am, but in a different way
It works because you haven't removed any packages from the base image. You see, I removed everything that could be removed without losing main functionality. However, unfortunately I need just a bit more with MS Store
I believe some of these are required and probably a couple more but testing it one by one is something I wanted to avoid, that's why I asked here
AppResolverUX
AADBrokerPlugin
AccountsControl
AsyncTextService
BioEnrollment
ContentDeliveryManager

>It works because you haven't removed any packages from the base image. You see, I removed everything that could be removed
see also see >If something doesn't work later, you probably broke it with some debloat memescript.

This is true but my original question was just that: what packages do I need to have in order to get store working.
I know reading is hard and most people ask same questions but still, it was just two sentences with an explicit request. I guess it's not as bad as linux threads can be

you should probably look up how to undo the deliberate sabotage done by the schizo memescript virus you installed

It's not a schizo memescript, it's just me using dism and removing shit that I don't need. I guess I just have to test manually each package and see what is exactly needed for store and what is just more anal probes that I'd be happier without