Why don't laptops have CD drives anymore?

Sure, they are not very practical or useful in 2022, but they looked so kino and added some needed mass to a laptop. You can spend 10k on a laptop and it won't have a CD drive. I know that other formats exist, but I just personally think that a CD drive is a cool feature. I also know what a dongle is.

Attached: chimpz.png (680x1024, 26.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computersupport.com/itanywherelabs/graphics-service-design-manufacturing/#:~:text=One platform that is emerging,that performance to the cloud.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wants xis laptop to have more "media ass"

Because zoomers and normalfags download and stream everything from the cloud they worship.

Attached: thats-just-like-your-opinion-man_1_.jpg (600x361, 56.14K)

Zoomers truly believe that "the cloud" is a virtualized vault that has no physical form. The cloud in reality is just some HDDs apart of some obese man's server in a basement. God help zoomers if the internet goes out.

>Why don't laptops have CD drives anymore?
>they are not very practical or useful
there is your answer

But they look cool and add character to the laptop.

I've only used an optical drive 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years.
I've never even touched cloud and paid streaming, however since 2010 I've only been using USB thumb drives and portable HDDs to backup and move data around. If you still need to use an optical drive a few times per year just buy an USB model

But I agree with OP, optical drives on laptops are cool even if not very useful nowadays. They still should at least be offered as an option on workstation class laptops.

they add weight to the laptop. seriously how often are you gonna be lugging around CDs?

One solution could be removable drives.
Back in the 1990s modular laptops were very common. You could replace the CD drive with a floppy drive, a second battery to increase autonomy, or just leave the port empty to decrease weight.

In the future, corporations will own all computers. To access one, you can buy a subscription to SSH in from a rentable monitor they will mail to you.

Attached: the-artist-spent-the-last-decade-composing-one-image-per-day-5aaa299dab5c7-880_orig.jpg (880x1100, 141.6K)

hdd on my laptop already adds enough mass

Because they take up a fuckton of space inside the laptop that can't be used for batteries, and laptop CD drives where always flimsy shit. If you really need to read a CD you can get a USB drive for like $30.

You are an idiot. Following your logic they should add floppy drive as well, it is so KINO.

Ten years ago, I was taking out these shitty CD drives and replacing them with hdd adapters that fits into laptop CD bays.
Having extra hdd was more useful than stupid cd. There is cd drives that can be connected via USB, you know.

Additional cost for a feature no one uses.
Get used to it, phones are starting to loose basic shit like headphone jacks and laptops will follow as well.

Attached: 1648236519236.jpg (644x706, 45.26K)

I have a feeling we will reach a level of dystopia where most laptops will be dumb terminals and everyone will be OK with that.

>please connect to the internet to start windows
>Why do you need a hard drive, trying to store something illegal?

Bulky laptops suck and adding an optical drive contributes to that.
Plus it’s more convenient, dare I say faster, to install an OS via a USB memory stick

>they should add floppy drive as well, it is so KINO.
Yes

Essentially this. It's extremely good for business.

Attached: d8d48f25a8b48ccc1aec1be4dd8ce052ffa8e3c2.jpg (480x360, 23.28K)

And when did you use a CD last time, retard? Can they even fit enough fullhd video to make them worth it?

>I know why
>But still. Why?

Non-normalfags don't use optical media either, they get everything they want from torrents. The only reason I can think of for having an optical media drive in the current day and age is if you live in Japan and buy doujin CDs directly when they're released. Which is why Japanese laptop brands still have optical media drives.

>One platform that is emerging as a big contender in the cloud computing game is Graphics as a Service (GaaS). Rather than confining a person’s work to the workstation, cloud providers are now offering the ability to contract with cloud providers to shift that performance to the cloud.
computersupport.com/itanywherelabs/graphics-service-design-manufacturing/#:~:text=One platform that is emerging,that performance to the cloud.

we;re doomed

what do you think that manufactured GPU shortage in the last few years has been for? you will own nothing and you will be happy, goy

Meds