Comfy Optiplex Thread

Discuss what you're doing with old office computers like old Dells, Lenovos, and HPs.

GreenPCGamers.com for guides on turning these kinds of computers into gaming machines.

Attached: daf64222-c55f-4d04-8149-40c704bee886_1.97ab025210019ab0d1157865c0dd52b0.jpg (1500x1500, 254.31K)

My optiplex 9020 sff my comfy desktop PC that I also dualboot into to play project diva and genshit.

Also, none of those guides are cost effective anymore since August of 2020.

have a Dell Optiplex GX520 for sale for 40 € and nobody wants it, not even if i get a touch screen and make a POS out of it

i have a few i grabbed from work that i'm going to stick on ebay as """"gaming pcs"""".
I'd rather build a custom system than upgrade bargain-basement shit for my main pc.

i do use one of the optiplex micros as an HTPC.
it's inaudible at idle and doesn't break a sweat doing x265 since it does it natively, so literally never spins up the fans. love it.

Any guides you suggest I add to the next thread?

i love my cute 3020s so much!!
perfect computer for testing multi-node kubernetes clusters on a budget

Attached: delloptiplex3020daisuki.gif (299x299, 210.7K)

GX520? It's already a POS.
If it's actually a P4 machine & google's not BS'ing me, that's a decent price & would be good for retro games/light emulation.

It's plugged into my TV with a bunch of shows and movies I will someday maybe watch.

yeah but theres barely any market for PC's in my cunt, most everyone uses phones and laptops

it's my daily driver, it sucks and I can't put a proper graphics card in it, but what am I going to do, build an ATX setup with a 5yo mobo at a premium simply because it isn't dead?

Mini Tower or Small Form Factor?

I got a sff dell optiplex with an i5 2400 and 8gb of ram. What should I do with it?

SFF

need help grasping the model numbering scheme

Attached: file.png (1121x723, 96.12K)

To build an emulation machine, the i5 2400 should be able to handle PCSX2 and CemU. For graphics upscaling and some native games, the AMD R7 250 2GB can be found on eBay for around 25-35$ and will fit in the case. It can run Battlefield V at 720p low and will let you upscale 6th gen emulation to at least 720p. Anothing thing you could use it for is a multiplayer game host server.

What games do you want to play and how much would you spend for a make-do card?

>with a 5yo mobo at a premium simply because it isn't dead?
It amazes me how much DIY motherboard do cost some time later
You'd figure if they were reliable, they wouldn't be valued so high.
The motherboard in my NAS is worth the same dollar amount used as it did 8-9 years ago

my stinkpad W520 is a comfy shitposting machine

I got an 3rd gen i7, a Quadro k1200, and 16Gbs of ram in a optiplex and I have no idea what to do with it. Not a lot of storage and installing more is near impossible so I have no clue. How much of a security risk would a self hosted website be?

Attached: 1649325257012.jpg (610x1000, 204.84K)

I use it to compile for an Aarch64 target. Even with the new VS preview software development on WinARM itself is limited.
I just ordered a minipc with a Celeron or whatever Intel calls those cpus and 8gb. I think it uses 20W or something, kind of hoping it can take over from the old Dell. If it can handle basic tasks I might get another and a USB gpio breakout or something and try some raspberry pi type shit. My esp32s can handle a lot but it might be nice to aggregate all my sensor data for the house on one box so I can graph it and shit without much data transfer

Would you accept user input?
Most of the time hosting a website is fine because you're trusting the security of the hosting software like Apache or nigx which would be huge news if they suddenly had an exploit worth worrying about

just sell it