What is it about OOP that triggers schizos so much?

what is it about OOP that triggers schizos so much?

Attached: 332234.jpg (1139x933, 128.95K)

Because they get filtered by usefulness

Same shit as goto, some bad examples being cringeworthly bad making the autists think the thing itself is bad, when the thing when well use is actually benefical.

that Brian Will rant is actually pretty good, his points are valid.

>java
>overused
>low productivity compared to functional
>low productivity and bad performance compared to imperative

Because it works. If you have the patience to watch or at least skip through YT lectures on functional programming, you'll find that its just pedants bitching about OOP while saying almost nothing about FP.

none of the vids in the image promote functional programming

Real chads use whatever works best.
I don't know why brainlets think it's ALWAYS oop or ALWAYS functional

Well none of those, but I'm just sayin.

None of his points are valid if you have basic idea of programming.

For some reason youtube keeps recommending it when i watch software engineering related stuff.

modern superscalars probably
a tasteful mix of imperative and functional is superior for almost every conceivable problem

functional programmers are nostalgia faggots who wish for simpler days.

Attached: 1462655383045.png (184x184, 45.68K)

theres not a single example of functional programming being faster.
Which is what matters.

3 of those 4 videos are by the same guy lol

>If you have the patience to watch or at least skip through YT lectures on functional programming, you'll find that its just pedants bitching about OOP while saying almost nothing about FP.
that's because unfortunately most of the fags covering FP on youtube are pseuds trying to show how smart and superior they are by rejecting the popular OOP.
if you really want to see what's up with FP read a book or two on haskell and/or lisp. It's actually very comfy once you get used to thinking in functional terms

it's faster to write and test/debug, which nowadays tends to matter more than the program itself being faster
>inb4 strawman cherrypick "retard, performance matters!!! why are you saying it doesn't!!??"
yes, obviously in many cases performance is important and fp makes no sense, especially lower level stuff, but in a world where webshit is taking over and computers are fast and users dont give a crap, developer productivity and writing reliable stuff is what's becoming more important, which fp facilitates.

>Which is what matters
imagine writing this with a straight face, on a bloated browser running a shitton of js bloat on top of a bloated monolithic os
every ounce of hw performance improvement in the past 2 decades was successfully nullified by codemonkies not giving a flying fuck about performance

>OOP
>fast
don't google smalltalk benchmarks

>hehe his points are INVALID because i'm LE BASED PROGRAMMER.
Nice argumentation.

I imagine their only experience with OOP is ancient enterprise Java projects that have endless boilerplate code and excessive usage of inheritance.