Men with a real path might answer this correctly

Men with a real path might answer this correctly.
I'm likely going to get a bunch of bot posts and unproductive user related answers, but this needs to be answered.
What is the Debian of Text editors?

Attached: Cat looking at computer 1.jpg (720x960, 62.27K)

vim

>What is the Debian of Text editors?
A text editor that watched its wife have sex with other men and then killed itself?

>the Debian of Text editors
emacs.
Lots of shit, you don't need most, has some questionable design quirks, used by "proffesionals" who think they've seen it all and by children who know no better.

>vim
Debian isn't lightweight and actually useful.
Debian breaks and has a massive problem with retards who don't bother to read the documentation (tutor)
Vim is the wrong choice here pal.

vim probably.

notepad++

>debian bre- ACK
probably pebkac btw.

vs code, eclipse, netbeans or some other ide that people use because they think that using better software would make them look unprofessional

>pebkac
ok fag, what creates a proper user on a system, useradd or adduser?
apt on debian is well known for outdated packages, poor software availability and dependency hell.
Congrats on getting the 470 nvidia drivers today.
How long untill the current ones will be available?

>Debian isn't lightweight and actually useful.
>Debian breaks and has a massive problem with retards who don't bother to read the documentation (tutor)
So vim it is then

Debian isn't lightweight, vim is.
Debian breaks, vim doesn't.
The documentation is overlooked in both cases, but in one case it gets used by computer peasants (debian)
and the other can be used only if the user devotes 2 minutes of their time to understand it.
So no, it's not vim.

>Debian isn't lightweight, vim is.
Vim is over 4 MB and that's just the binary alone and none of the all-but-required accessory files. That's a lot for a text editor. Nano on the other hand is 200 KB.
>Debian breaks, vim doesn't.
Both break if you're a retard, and neither break if you know how to use them properly.
>The documentation is overlooked in both cases, but in one case it gets used by computer peasants (debian)
Those who don't read vimtutor are equally as lost as those who don't read Debian docs.
>and the other can be used only if the user devotes 2 minutes of their time to understand it.
Those with only 2 minutes of Debian knowledge will do fine clicking around on the desktop, opening preinstalled programs, etc. Those with only 2 minutes of vim knowledge will press i, use it like a click-and-type editor, press escape and :wq. Both will be equally lost when they want to do anything slightly more advanced, or if they accidentally push something they don't understand.
>So no, it's not vim.
Howso?

>Nano
>made to be small, no advanced programing features.
This is a POC user.
We are on Any Forums so text editors are purely for programing here.
>equally as lost
People who don't go through vimtutor don't use vim.
People who don't use debian docs use debian.
>clicking around on the desktop
We're talking about a programmer's approach to software.
Clicking around the desktop doesn't teach you package management, using the terminal or maintaining services.
Vimtutor will teach you more about the programing side of things in the tutor.
>Howso?
Just like that.
If you disagree do what all the other anons did and just suggest your own answer instead of talking shit with no chance of changing my mind.

People who don't go through vimtutor use vim for a short period, give up, and go back to Notepad++ or whatever.
People who don't read Debian docs use Debian for a short period, give up, and go back to Windows or Ubuntu.
>Clicking around the desktop doesn't teach you package management, using the terminal or maintaining services.
Nor does using vim as a click-and-type editor. You can write programs and memos in it, but not very efficiently if you don't know how to use it properly.

>give up
No they don't. I've seen countless stock debian installs, that were either unmodified or either fucked beyond comprehension. I'm talking about debian-derivatives also.
>vim as a click-and-type
This isn't possible, unless you have a config.
Your point is irrelevant. Randoms don't open vim for fun.

>This isn't possible, unless you have a config.
Press i. Now it's click-and-type. Now press escape and :wq to save. If that's too complex, you can use the "gvim easy mode" desktop icon that the vim Windows installer makes. That forces it to always be in insert mode, and you load and save files using toolbar buttons or menus.

>Press i
A random user won't know to press i.

Then they're a strong candidate for the gvim easy mode icon.

>gvim easy mode icon
don't they have to go out of their way to install it? only vi is available OOTB on systems such as debian.
No point in arguing if the user has to fall into a trap they set for themselves.

Debian doesn't come installed OOTB either.

The installer asks if you want a DE and choses xfce by default.
Don't bullshit the bullshiter

>the installer
Yes. The installer that you're running because Debian isn't installed OOTB.

Emacs, obviously.
>old as fuck
>releases every two years
>not l33t enough for zoomies
>stable
>package manager is as shit as apt