Reminder that ball mice will always be superior to optical mice...

Reminder that ball mice will always be superior to optical mice. They have infinite resolution and the mouse cursor feels much smoother when you move it around. Optical mice were a step back in technology just like LCD's were from CRT's.

Attached: ang7uex6zj371.jpg (3500x2329, 361.11K)

here's your mouse bro

Attached: IMG_5998.jpg (1600x1200, 248.87K)

All the eggs you have to buy really adds up over the long time, though.

They have shit resolution.

Wrong.

You do know they are made with tachometers right? You're not retarded right?

Found the retard that didn't know how to scrape the junk off the rollers.
It wasn't uncommon to drop 20% in your game performance when switching to an optical mouse. CS 1.3 users called it mousing or getting moused

>They have infinite resolution
This would not even be true if those mice were connected to completely analog computers since it can't go beyond the Planck Constant. The notion becomes even more ridiculous with analog-digital conversion which is what happens at some point during the signal path.

>It wasn't uncommon to drop 20% in your game performance when switching to an optical mouse.
Proof that beyond anecdotal evidence. Like, cite actual peer reviewed papers for your assertion.

>actual peer reviewed papers for CS 1.3 clasn not letting you in if you were moused
Snopes verified it, faggot

...20 years ago?

You used to have to submit a JPEG image of your traditional (non-wheel, non-optical) mouse and today's paper to be let into the higher tier clans.

based
Microsoft ball mice were the best btw

Wrong. The ball turns wheels inside it, and those use optical encoders whose resolution is defined by the little holes in the wheels.

ball mice were always garbage any tiny speck of dirt and they were ruined, optical/lazer were and still are infinitely better.

Yes, early optical mice sucked. Tons of jitter, random unresponsiveness, worked on fewer surfaces. Modern optical mice are much better.

just picked up one of these bad boys for only $100

Attached: image.png (262x193, 85.24K)

>Zoom zoom doesn't know everybody got RSI from those back in the 1990's.

based. i use one of those every day and the tracking is way more accurate than on any of the optical shits. opticals just shit themselves if you don't have a single colored solid surface in a dark room

This thread exists to bait retarded zoomers, please play along

This bait is getting fucking ponderous.

Resolution is not infinite, even in your pic you can see how it works, resolution is limited by how many teeth the gear has.
Crts are superior to flatscreens in everyway because they are complex mechanical devices engineered over 60 years for the best possible picture while wheel mice where the only thing cheap enough to mass produce at the time they were used.
Offcourse for old PCs its nice and comfy and I feel like they have slightly less input lag then laser mice, it would be cool to see a modern rendition with more accurate reading

Attached: 1653579213237.jpg (3754x3456, 2.16M)

I remember that, funny how it pretty much isn't a problem anymore.

Explain. No shitposting or vague shit.

This is already bullshit since the wheels going thru the sensors have a finite spacing.

wow mine was free. also the switches are way more durable than anything in new mice. daily use for years and its still like new but the optical i had got them worn flat in few years

you can draw a straight line in paint very easily. with an optical mouse this is almost impossible

It's a joke based on the retards who claim that crts have "infinite resolution"

I was just joking
The switches likely live so long because the circuit they are used in is properly designed. Modern mice use switches designed for 5V in a 1. something volts circuit, the switches build up corrosion because the voltages and currents are out of spec, and you get the famous doubleclick issue.

So, you have nothing. As expected.

>It's a joke based on the retards who claim that crts have "infinite resolution"
who says that? crts have very limited resolution based on dot pitch, bandwidth and horizontal refresh
i have seen retards claim that film and laserdisc have infinite res before though