Vinyl

Vinyls are technology.
What do you think about them?

Attached: 16383524.jpg (3000x2127, 842.72K)

Attached: HeartfeltFatAntarcticgiantpetrel-mobile.jpg (480x368, 16.51K)

Are you implying it is some kind of kike thing going around this?

hipster consoomer gadget

>fell for the technics meme
Van Life is where it's at.

Attached: soundwagon-portable-mini-record-player.jpg (800x450, 20.44K)

This is pretty much what I expected.
I just need someone to talk me out of this.

>vinyls

>"vinyl"
zoomer alert

Digital files sound a trillion times better, all vinyls are printed differently and sound quality varies between turntables. If you really want the vinyl experience, just search for your favourite albums on soulseek with the term "vinyl rip". If you really want a tangible picture of your favourite albums, go print them out at the store, it will be 10000x better quality

They are ok if you like searching for new/old/unique music. I get most of my records for free or very cheap and all my home stereo equipment was free or cheap as well. It certainly doesn't have to be a huge money-pit.

Personally, I believe cassettes are a lot more interesting and useful from a technology perspective. Collecting cassettes and making mixtapes is pretty fun. You can record to a tape off of a computer, CD or record and use Dolby noise reduction to get a very high-quality recording.

Attached: mixtape.jpg (3024x4032, 1.47M)

Dolby S or dbx are the only good noise reductions.
Dolby B is just a joke and doesn't do enough to justify its use.
Tape is definitely the more fun and engaging hobby music format. It also doesn't require incredibly expensive equipment like vinyl does.
(unless you go all the way to Reel to Reel)

>Dolby B is just a joke and doesn't do enough to justify its use.
It is supposed to reduce tape hiss and it works for that. Dolby C works even better but it's only useful if the equipment inteded for playback supports it.

Retarded in general, 10x more retarded for new releases.

hipster cope

Yeah it reduces tape hiss. But always fucks with the audio.
Better to just use higher quality tape and record a hotter signal onto them.

It's FUN technology.
It's also nice hobby on its own.
It's nice to see how this analogue shit still holds some degree of quality despite the years.
Just bear in mind it will never surpass digital.
Just don't get attached much to it.

Can be good if you have a good setup overall and that the vinyl you are playing isn't a shit press. If you have gone the audiophile route the whole thing is fussy but isn't entirely a waste if you are pursuing quality and ripping LPs into digital that have no known digital copy.

A suitcase Crosley turntable for the hipster scene will have nothing on a audiophile set up (such as a good choice of cartridge/ stylus, turntable, phono box and integrated amp).

Fortunately I have had a good experience with my setup and don't regret the hobby but I can confirm that may not be for everyone and if you are listening to modern music then LPs have no real benefit over digital due to digital mastering (different for old albums with analogue mastering where the digital remaster was done poorly).

CDs don't snap crackle and pop. Or skip. You should try one out. They just came out around 1980 or so. Way better.

This. An authentic Soundwagon gives the ultimate vinyls experience.

When you record with dolby, the volume of the frequency range where tape hiss lives is boosted, Then on playback, the volume of that frequency range is reduced. Hope I didn't just blind you with science.

Love them. I have been collecting for 10 years. I make it a point to buy the records I consider my favorite or those I can't live without.
Interactive, tangible media is pretty underrated

This.
Enjoy it, just don't fall for the audiophile nonsense.